What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 7/18/18 11:54 am

Personally I strongly prefer not to pay too much attention to trends in counters, unless you intend to sell within the next very few years. These things go in and out of fashion - in another few years, tons of truckloads of granite and quartz will be matched out of millions of kitchens around the nation to make room for the newest thing. I say go for whatever is most supportive of your own personal aesthetic! Corian is amazing and so trouble-free, plus it comes in colors harmonious with your space. All three options would be beautiful, but super low maintenance is awfully appealing! I agree about the sink - undermounted is preferable. Good luck with your decisions, I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful!

Maddymoe2
on 7/18/18 8:41 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! My stomach has been feeling off the past couple of days. It doesn't hurt, the sensation is kind of like a dull ache on my left side. I feel kind of belchy. I hope it's not an ulcer. It actually feels better today, but I am still watching what I eat, sticking to soft foods.

QOTD- a decorative pillow on my couch that says "The Best Thing About Me Is You".

Food for today-

Hot mint tea with Miralax

B- poached egg

L-bone broth or a shake

D- Not sure, something light

Vitamins always, lots of water!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/18 9:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I hope your feeling better continues!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Julia S.
on 7/18/18 8:55 am, edited 7/18/18 2:08 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I made a huge mistake yesterday. My coworker constantly brings in bagels and donuts, and I weakened and had an applesauce cake donut. Yes I ate the whole thing and was in misery for the rest of the night. It didn't set well with my ulcer and basically doubled me over in pain. I told my coworker to remind me of the pain in case I am ever tempted again.

I ended up drinking several protein waters to get my protein in. Ended up at 678 calories and 89g protein so I was good for the day.

Today there will be no extras.

QOTD: Windows looking out on the street and new construction across the street. The one window is not seal well so it always is cloudy. The apartments across the street now block the view of the west hills, so and the rest is a big maple tree blocking most of my view. But at least it is a window.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

JB1114
on 7/18/18 10:24 am - Grain Valley, MO

JB and all you Easterners, sorry for your bad weather. Seems like you get hit a lot, both summer and winter. We need rain and did get some yesterday and today it's raining off and on. Some areas got excessive rains causing flooding.

I'm still thinking about those pork rinds. Thinking I will buy a bag and DH will eat them if I don't like them. I do like crunchy snacks.

QOTD: Sammy, our 13 year old Shih Tzu. He's curled up on his blankie.

I may be taking DH to the ER. His BP is 202/115. He has had high BP for years and numerous strokes since 1994. His BP drops drastically when he stands up but when he's sitting it's very high. The cardiologist said he didn't care what it reads when he's sitting which I thought strange. I'm not a health care pro, but I think BP needs to be within normal range whether you're sitting or standing. He has a call into his PCP.

Dinner last night was BLTs. Instead of bread, I made Savory Ricotta Pancakes from Eggface for my bread. Pretty good. If you've not checked TheWorldAccordingtoEggface.com, please do. She has great recipes. I love one of her granola recipes and put it on Greek yogurt. I make a double batch.

Tomorrow morning I have my yearly physical with my PCP. She runs all the same tests the WLS surgeon did and the co-pay is $15 instead of $50.

Today's eats:

Oatmeal w/peanut butter

Click shake

Turkey & cheese roll-up

Not sure about the rest of the day. Probably something at the hospital.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Sheila_H
on 7/18/18 10:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hope all goes well with DH. Sending positive thoughts.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 7/18/18 11:40 am, edited 7/18/18 4:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I had never tried pork rinds until this menu board. Angryviking (Hi, if you're reading!!) used to eat them so I thought I'd try them. I was hooked! As a matter of fact I just bought some over the weekend but haven't opened them yet-maybe for snack tomorrow.

I hope everything turns out okay for DH.

Edited to correct wording.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 7/18/18 11:58 am

Thinking of you and your husband, sending best wishes for his well-being!

Kakesie
on 7/18/18 2:13 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

I sure hope your DH will be okay.

Sheila_H
on 7/18/18 10:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Good mid-morning y'all...it's still 10:30 am on the west coast.

Sorry about all the weather crazy on the east coast. Be careful and stay dry.

We are deep in puppy training mode. The whole family is pitching in. We all play tag, who is home who is out and who is responsible for which shift. So funny seeing all of us revolving our schedule around a 4 lb puppy. Took her for her first vet visit yesterday, that's how we know she is is FOUR lbs, so tiny!!

QOTD: just got back from the gym and I promise I'm not weird. I'm sitting in my closet, and to my left are all my clothes organized by color and length. When we remodeled the house and I got the closet to my specification it became a zen place for me. During remodel I would go to my closet and breathe deeply and get "centered" from the stress of contractors. I repeat; I'm not weird, I just like things organized! :-)

Accountabilty: HORRIBLE! I had made banana bread for kids and guests and I ate a slice! What scares me is that I didn't dump!

B: protein coffee

L: pulled pork

S: parmigiano cheese squares

D: protein forward, maybe pulled pork again.

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?