One month Update

Lunachick
on 9/7/18 9:45 am, edited 9/10/18 6:17 am

Hello all,

One month and 3 days ago, I revised from Band to Bypass. Surgery went flawlessly. I ended up pulling an abdominal muscle when I sneezed one day and am still nursing that but, otherwise, recovery has gone well. Being one month out, most of my activity restrictions are lifted but not all. I'm on mostly soft foods now and doing well following the food rules. Weight loss has definitely not gone as quickly as I had hoped it would the first month. I was shooting for a 20 lb loss in the first month but only achieved 14 lbs and 22 lbs since consult day. I'm pretty tough on myself overall but have the added pressure of knowing that, in having weight loss surgery, I should be 'killing' my goals as long as I'm following the rules, which I am. I've had a couple of stalls already but maybe this means that I'll lose faster later on...who knows. Anyway, I still wouldn't change a thing. I feel great and looking better day by day. I'll keep plugging away as I know this is a long process and things won't happen overnight.

Have a great weekend!!

Kelly

stacyrg
on 9/7/18 11:48 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Don't be too hard on yourself. Revisions tend not to lose as fast as with the initial WLS. I didn't. If you stick to plan, you should be fine!

sparty
on 9/7/18 12:36 pm
Revision on 08/16/18

I'm glad things are going well for you.

I'm so jealous that your on soft foods already. I'm on purées until my one month follow up on the 17th and I'm already over it. After that I do a month each on mashed then easy to chew before moving to regular. It's funny to me how much the post-op plans vary between surgeons.

I understand the frustration with not losing at the rate you thought you would. I know revisions can lose slower but I made the mistake of using the post op planner so I have these numbers in my head that I want to hit each month and apparently my body has other ideas. I keep reminding myself how my clothes are fitting differently and will take a progress picture on each monthiversary.

Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. You now have an effective tool and if you continue to do your part you will reach your goals!!

Band to RNY 8/16/18

HW: 299 (Pre-LB), RNY Consult: 260, SW: 248, GW: 145 (reached 3/31), New Goal: 130, CW: 133.0

Pre-op: -13, M1: -20, M2: -15, M3: -15, M4: -15, M5: -13, M6: -13, M7: -9, M8: -9, M9: -3, M10:

Lunachick
on 9/7/18 2:36 pm

Oh yes, i was on pureed food until 1 month. Not fun. You're doing great!

Ginnny
on 9/9/18 3:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I've read some of your other posts. Why are you even testing foods like ice cream, birthday cake and pretzels?

That was no where in my pre-op instructions. What food rules are you following?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Kathy S.
on 9/12/18 12:15 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Take it one day a time, make note of the red flags and put speed bumps in the way of trigger issues. Stick with the basics and you will get there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?