What's on your Thursday Menu RNY'ers?

supershopper
on 9/27/18 2:22 am, edited 9/27/18 2:27 am

hi all

starting out since I'm on wacky schedule this week- ONE MORE DAYYYYYYYY

QOTD: if you had to choose between audio books or regular books what would you choose? I used to read regular books but since surgery I've become impatient so now i do audio books. Then I can multi task and move at the same time.

Food for today:

coffee

water

water

protein pancakes

chicken

not sure on dinner

I didn't go to the gym yesterday- instead i watched TV, ironed shirts, did a load of laundry, loaded and started dishwasher and took care of the dogs. was in bed by 5 pm so i could get up at 1:15.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/18 2:49 am
Au_Contraire
on 9/27/18 6:59 am

Please be careful. Do your best to drink. I found that warm liquids were easier for me (and even now they remain easiest) to consume than cold. I even preferred my shakes made with warm (not hot) water. Very soothing. Some folks are the opposite and prefer cold. It's worth experimenting to see what feels best to you, temperature-wise, so you can more easily reach your fluid goals.

bethmal
on 9/27/18 3:51 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Supershopper and Everyone!

I was so tired from hiking at the nature center (field trip) and went to bed at 7:30 last night! I am glad to be back to normal teaching today.

QOTD: I like to hold a book when I read it. A book with a cover and pages that I turn, not a book on a Kindle or any other electronic device.

9 months out - weight 169 (I need to update my ticker)

B: PP chocolate shake

L: enchilada soup

D: enchilada soup (hopefully that will be the last of it)

water and vitamins

Have a great day everyone!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Writergurl08
on 9/27/18 4:00 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I went a bit overboard with the potluck yesterday, but I'm not 100% positive how much since I wasn't weighing and measuring. Lots of bites and tastes of things I shouldn't have. I feel like that's been the story of this whole last week. I think I'm going to do CAMAW through the weekend (at least) anyone want to join me for an unofficial challenge?

qotd:I listen to audio books with earbuds at work on days I'm not training, but I usually have a hard copy book on my nightstand at home, though if the audiobook is really juicy I'll turn that back on. I need to put the sleep timer on though because I've too often fallen asleep and let the whole book play, then I have to figure out where I was. I do also have a kindle, which I like for traveling, but of all of them I still prefer a good old fashioned physical book.

Menu: coffee w/HWC

snack: plain Greek yogurt with pumpkin pie spice and 1 tsp brown sugar Splenda

lunch: tuna creations, string cheese

dinner: 4 oz tilapia

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

bethmal
on 9/27/18 4:59 am
RNY on 12/26/17

I'd love to join you this weekend but we are leaving for wine on the beach and I already know I will be making some 'off' choices. I am planning on doing a CAMAW next week. I am feeling a bit off myself and I want to lose my last 20 pounds before my 1 year. I'll be supporting you from Ocean City, Maryland. Good Luck!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Writergurl08
on 9/26/18 10:55 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Thanks! Maybe I'll keep it up through next week

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/18 5:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is Friday eve! I hope your week is going well? It was warm and very tropical here yesterday which was nice, but we return to Fall today which I don't mind. Today I have to drive 90 minutes to meet with a lawyer on setting up a trust, but am going to see DD for dinner afterwards which I am looking forward to.

QOTD: Definitely "regular" books, though I always read on a Kindle. I like audio books in the car, but find that I can get too distracted when I listen to them otherwise (probably because I only half listen in the car). I may change over time as I get older but for now, I prefer to see the words.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: BBQ of some sort (out to dinner with DD)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 9/27/18 5:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Quick one today because I stayed up too late and I'm running late. Where's that early wake up when I need it?

QOTD: Definitely a physical book person. I've only listened to one audio book and it was a long time ago. Maybe I will try it next long drive

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage, Greek Yogurt

Snack: Turkey and cheese

Lunch: Tuna creations

Snack: Turkey and cheese

Dinner: Turkey meatballs and green beans unless that family is having something that works for me

Need to really work on my water today i was low yesterday with all the running around to different appointments

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 9/27/18 6:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've gone to three classes this week through this senior organization that I've mentioned a couple of times. I'm going to try one more this morning. I don't think I want to do four classes this semester, but I figured I'd check out all the ones that are of some interest this week, and then decide which among those I want to continue with. Of course, I like them all - but I think I can only handle doing maybe two of them long term, though - because I still need time to do other things!!

eating was better yesterday - weight down a pound. YAY! (I'm not eating bad things - just too much due to meals out)

QOTD: I'm not an auditory person - I'm visual - so I'm much better at reading print. I have a hard time focusing on auditory info for long unless I'm SUPER interested.

3 years 3 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein vanilla pumpkin latte shake

L: probably cottage cheese & strawberries

AS: L&F yogurt

D: turkey meatballs with a cup of one of those Birds Eye veggie pasta dishes

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?