AMAW anyone?

catwoman7
on 10/9/18 4:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've never done it, but I would assume seasonings - and some condiments (like a squirt of lemon) - would be fine. But then again, it's not like anyone is going to be checking up on you. You can make up some of your own rules, as long as it still works!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 7:36 am

Since I am virtually always doing CAMAW anyway, save for cashew milk in my tea, I really want to try sticking to the straight and narrow. It's worked for others, hopefully it will work for me too!

Maddymoe2
on 10/9/18 5:27 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I would love to do this with you. I am struggling! I see my surgeon in 5 weeks. My goal is to be where I was last year when I see her.

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 7:38 am

Fantastie, Maddymoe! I'm happy to be doing this together! We can do this!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/9/18 6:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Here are the guidelines from a previous post - in addition, I say that sweetners and spices are fine. I'll try to join - but I would probably do CAMAW (strictly as opposed to usual).

Guidelines:

• Condiments are allowed: bbq sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, spaghetti sauce, butter, salad dressing etc etc
  • Drink all your normal drinks as you would on a regular day, coffee, tea, water with flavorings, Miralax/Restoralax. This challenge is just about your meals & snacks, liquids should stay the same

Two options to choose from:

1. AMAW = All Meat All Week meat option - whenever you eat a meal or a snack you eat meat, ex. the flesh of cow/pig/chicken/seafood (yes any seafood is considered meat) NO DAIRY
  2. CAMAW = Critter and Meat All Week option - whenever you eat a meal or snack you eat meat & critter (critter is considered: protein shakes, yogurt, cheese, eggs and for those that use milk or cream in your coffee you fall into the Critter)

On the start day, take your stats, weigh yourself, take your bust/waist/hips measurements (ONLY IF YOU WANT) and for fun to see by the end of the week if there are any changes, this is your personal info, not meant to share on here (unless you want to)!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 7:45 am

I'm delighted to be doing this with you, Liz, and thank you so much for posting this! Much appreciated! I'll lay off the cashew milk and the cheese. Based on this, I'm assuming that (SF, of course) Torani syrup in my coffee or tea would be considered ok. I really look forward to seeing how much we're all going to be able to move the scale!

Sheila_H
on 10/9/18 6:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Cara,

Any other time and I would have joined you, but as you know I just did 5 days of AMAW and I miss my cheese too much.

I'll be on the sideline rooting for you!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 7:50 am

Thank you Sheila! You did so well that you inspired me to similarly bite the bullet! I so appreciate your support. I know I'll be jonesing for cheese and cashew milk, but it's worth it to jolt the scale downwards!

Emiepie
on 10/9/18 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I wish I could, the last one I did really messed up my regularity...TMI. I will be supporting you all from the side though. I know you'll do great.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 7:53 am

Thank you Kelly! I have some trepidation, but I think (I hope!) it will do me good!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics