What's on your Tuesday Menu?

bethmal
on 10/9/18 3:17 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Tuesday Morning Menuers!

I am up super early. I even made breakfast and ate it! I am not much for food first thing in the morning but today was different for some reason. I am feeling better finally!

Today is going to be filled with anxiety. The school is having a secure status drill with the sheriff's department. The children have been trained but never practiced with 'the man in the red suit' or heard yelling or screaming in the hallways. This scares the heck out of me. I must put aside those feelings and get the children to our rally point. I'm still nervous.

QOTD: I haven't been able to fall asleep for a few nights. I toss and turn a lot. I am chalking it up to anxiety over this drill today and watching children "run for their lives" which made me cry the last drill and will probably make me cry again this drill. What is something that keeps you up at night?

B: one piece bacon and a scrambled egg

L: tuna pack

D: spaghetti squash taco meat something

Have a good one!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 10/9/18 3:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh my gosh, I simply can't imagine the emotions you, the rest of the teachers and the kiddos will have to deal with today. Although I know it's a wonderful world overall, how horrible it can be at times. Hugs to you today! Glad you are finally starting to feel a bit better so you don't feel physically bad while dealing with all the emotions too!

QOTD - this week I'm going with jet lag keeping me up but usually it's work or news/tv/movies. I am very diligent on no****ching the news, getting online or watching anything disturbing for an hour before bed and try to read for at least 30 minutes before I go to sleep.

Accountability - food and fluids were spot on, but I was asleep at 5 so exercise was a washout. I did notice that I felt very hungry but I think it was the exhaustion creating head hunger - I ate what I had planned and then took myself to bed to avoid any slips!

Treadmill with 3 episodes of Big Bang theory will be my exercise today!

coffee w half and half and tea all day

b - dannon light and fit banana cream

l - 3.1 oz deli roast beef, 1 oz parmesan

d - 4 oz 93% lean burger patty, .5 oz shredded cheddar

712 calories, 77 protein, 18 carbs

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Writergurl08
on 10/9/18 4:24 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I can't imagine doing those drills, they didn't do them when I was teaching. I think I would have kept my cool and then had a breakdown afterward in private.

Qotd: all kinds of weird stuff. Recently it's been the promotion I applied for. I put in my app at the recommendation of the manager I'd be working under and the very day he was fired. I don't know the details, but I was comfortable with him and now I don't know who I'll be interviewing with or working under if I get it.

Breakfast: coffee with Premier. Going back to this, since I haven't been hitting my protein numbers

snack: cucumber slices and hummus

lunch: 4 oz deli turkey, 2 slices of swiss

dinner: roasted chicken thigh, maybe some green beans

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

supershopper
on 10/9/18 4:32 am

hi all

well i decided to buy myself a jumpsuit and wear it to work. it is a black and white polka dot from chicos and super comfy- but looks bad on me and makes my butt look weird. I think because I'm long waist-ed? I don't know but not sure i can keep it. the other issue is using the restroom- i fully have to unzip to pee.

QOTD: i generally have anxiety about food, money (which I generally can control) and other things mainly which I cannot control.

I did well yesterday and the scale rewarded me with a drop.

Food for today- pretty much what I ate yesterday:

chicken meat with chinese eggplant and tomato

ribs with cabbage, mung bean sprouts, and onion

buddig lunch packet

coffee with PP

water

tea

not sure on dinner we will see...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

NYMom222
on 10/9/18 5:30 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have a jumpsuit right now I am loving. The bathroom thing has to work. It's knit so it makes it easy to take off. I pretty much want to wear it every day so I need to check myself- if I wore it to that place already. Ha.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

supershopper
on 10/9/18 6:03 am

2 bathroom breaks with no issue!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 10/9/18 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I would so be worried about the bathroom. I usually am running in there anyways to avoid peeing myself.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 8:08 am

Just yesterday I was looking at an old jumpsuit I've had hanging out in my closet for just about forever - maybe as much as 25 years! It always reminded me of a black catsuit. Later today I'll try it on. No idea how it'll look, as it's been so long and styles change, but I do remember being very lean when I bought it, so hopefully it will at least fit!

catwoman7
on 10/9/18 4:44 am, edited 10/8/18 9:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

glad to hear you're feeling better, Bethmal!! I hear you about the drills. We never had them at the university, but when I used to work at the reference desk at night, it occasionally crossed my mind that the library would be an easy target. It's open all the time and there are a ton of students in there, esp at night. And there I was sitting at the main desk right inside the door....... Yikes. It's a frightening thought.

Well, it looks like kitty might be OK for awhile longer. I took her to the vet's yesterday half expecting we'd need to have her euthanized this week, but after running some tests, the vet said her potassium is low and her glucose high, which is probably causing the weakness & lethargy. So we'll be tweaking her meds and adding potassium to her subcutaneous fluids (she's been getting those for the last couple of months). Fingers crossed that she'll bounce back a bit. The weight loss is concerning, though - if it doesn't stabilize and she drops another pound, we'll be in trouble - so hopefully the changes will stop it (that is most likely glucose-related, too)

QOTD: not much keeps me awake at night. The other night I woke up around 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so worried about my cat, but that's not very common for me - I'm usually a pretty good sleeper. Although I (fortunately) don't have many stressors in my life, either. I'm retired, we're financially secure, no one is sick or dying at the moment...those things all help.

3 years 4 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, yogurt or cottage cheese

AS: crustless protein pumpkin pie (or maybe 2 T hummus with baby carrots)

D: turkey chili

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 10/9/18 8:11 am

So glad you got encouraging news about your kitty!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 491 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics