AMAW/CAMAW, Day 6!

Au_Contraire
on 10/15/18 5:56 am

Hello and welcome all to Day 6 of our AMAW/CAMAW challenge! Can you believe our week is almost done?! I hope that Day 5 was smooth sailing for everyone!

I'm still amazed that AMAW has been as comfortable as it's been for me. I had assumed that ditching cheese and cashew milk in my tea and coffee would be a real hardship, but it has been surprisingly easy. I have been adding Torani syrup to my tea, which has made it's lack of creaminess more palatable. I hope that all of you are finding the adjustment to AMAW/CAMAW to be relatively easy, or at the least, well worth the effort!

Hang in there, fellow AMAW/CAMAW Warriors! Just today and tomorrow remain, then let's post our results! Let's kill it for these last two days. Stay strong and fierce, my friends!

Sheila_H
on 10/15/18 8:36 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I just wanted to say GREAT job to all AMAW/CAMAW warriors.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 10/15/18 10:47 am

Thanks Sheila!

ladyoaktree
on 10/16/18 4:23 am
RNY on 02/16/18

Hey guys, I've been MIA the last few days but I've been hanging out. I had my 6 mo check up with my surgeon yesterday and was at the goal I was hoping to be since starting five days ago...as have lost 4lbs. yay! I'm surprised how easy this has been for me.

Au_Contraire
on 10/16/18 9:23 am

That's fantasic! I'm so glad to hear other you've been managing the challenge easily, and best of all, that you've lost 4 lbs.! Very well done!

helferships
on 10/16/18 9:38 am
RNY on 11/14/16

May I ask you warriors (or anyone else with a view) a question about the "rules" of AMAW/CAMAW?

Assuming one is being very careful to avoid everything except dense protein and permitted dairy, and one only eats to satiety at reasonable intervals, is it necessary to weigh and measure or be generally conserved with calories and portion sizes?

In other words, assuming the goal is to shed 2 to 5 lbs over the week, is the plan basically "all you can eat"?

I ask because I am wondering generally if it is enough in maintenance if I stick to the dense protein/ non-starchy vegetables regimen and avoid drinking with meals but don't religiously measure and track as in weight loss phase? Or can one stall or even regain if one has too much of an otherwise good thing?

thanks for your thoughts!

helfer

Partlypollyanna
on 10/16/18 12:11 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

This is my first time doing CAMAW and I've been measuring everything and trying to stay on my same calorie/protein/carb goals but within the appropriate food group limitations. Since it's my first go round, that may or may not be right!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 10/16/18 6:26 pm

I weigh what I eat, because it is very easy for me to under-estimate the amount and therefore the calories.

I suspect you can't count on weight loss if your calories are very, very high, despite cutting out carbs for the week. All You Can Eat is probably a thing of the past for all of us. On the other hand, how much can we really eat of seriously dense protein? I find myself unable to have more than 2, at most 3 ounces of salmon at a time, for instance. But I could have two packets of tuna if I was really hungry, and did exactly that about a month ago.

Do you especially dislike weighing your food? It is kind of a pain, but for me it is part of the whole helpful regimen. There are times when I don't weigh it, but I have a more accurate grip on things when I do. It's probably not quite as critical if you're doing strict AMAW, because you'll get stuffed on pure dense protein so quickly. But with CAMAW, cheese can be very caloric and if melted can kind of act like a slider food, evading the satiety switch, and encouraging excessive or at least unnecessary caloric intake.

There isn't a specific rule about amounts you should allow yourself, nor about weighing your food during an AMAW/CAMAW challenge, however. AMAW/CAMAW is a refinement of restriction which basically operates within the structure of your established habits, like not drinking within 30 minutes after eating, etc.

helferships
on 10/17/18 5:14 am
RNY on 11/14/16

Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I am mostly just trying to stop obsessing over every bite by sticking to the virtuous foods and avoiding treats - just want to know the extent I can safely keep it simple.

Cheers,

h

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?