What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 10/20/18 6:23 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Menu Family!

It doesn't look like anyone has posted yet, but someone probably will while I'm posting, knowing my luck!

QOTD: If you had to change your name, what name would you choose? For a first name, I like Callie (Callieanne) or Cara, which is close to my real name of Karen. I also think Calista is a pretty first name. For a last name, I think King (my step father's last name) is a short, nice sounding last name.

Accountability: Yesterday: Calories kind of high, but I burned off a bunch of calories on a 2-hour horseback ride. Protein - 83, Calories - 1,430, Carbs - 185.

B: 2 egg omelet with cheese, banana, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

E: walking dogs

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

catwoman7
on 10/20/18 6:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I think I'm just going to try to relax today. I've been really stressed out lately, and I'm not liking it....I feel awful when I'm so stressed! Tomorrow I'm headed to Chicago, which I'm looking forward to. The reason is a plastic surgery appt on Monday morning, but I love going to Chicago no matter what the reason. I got my favorite hotel on priceline - an easy shot into the city, and right up the street from my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant!

QOTD: I've loved the names Karen and Carolyn for a long time, and I wish they'd come back (I know Caroline is a real "in" name right now, but Carolyn seems to have died out - most people with that name are over 40 or 50 years old). I'm not crazy about a lot of mid-century names (including mine), but I really like those two.

accountability was good yesterday after a couple of not-so-good days (due to restaurant eating). I'm going to try to watch it the next few days - I was up to 150 lbs again this morning. Ugh.

3 years 4 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: TJ's turkey slices with two cheese sticks, grapes

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: leftover chicken/veggie stir fry

ex: I had kind of a bad reaction to my shingles vaccine (Thurs afternoon), so I may hold off today. Feeling like a have the flu - plus the injection site is really swollen and sore. Ugh.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 10/20/18 3:18 pm

Are you excited about your plastic surgery appointment? What are you considering having done?

catwoman7
on 10/20/18 3:26 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I had a lower body lift in August, and I'm scheduled for a breast lift and arm lift in December. So this appt will be my last post-op appt for the August surgery and my pre-op appt for the December surgery (so a combo...)

catwoman7
on 10/20/18 3:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I'd been kicking around the idea of having a fleur-de-lis cut even before the August surgery, so he was going to do that during the second surgery, but now I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not. That lower body lift is a night & day difference - but I'm thinking the fleur-de-lis might only make a minor impact. I'd basically be trading a little loose skin high up on my torso for a vertical scar. I'm thinking it might be six-of-one-half-dozen-of-the-other. So I may just skip that. I think the arm and breast lifts will make a huge difference, though. I'll ask him what he thinks about the fleur-de-lis now that the lower body lift is done. It's probably easier for him to assess what kind of difference it might make

Au_Contraire
on 10/22/18 12:34 pm

I'm so excited for you! Also, I'm so glad to hear that your LBL resulted in a night & day difference. Plastics will likely be in my future at some point, so it's helpful for me to hear about the experiences others have had. Keep us posted about what you decide to do re: the fleur-de-lis and about how things go with your breast and arm lifts!

Maddymoe2
on 10/20/18 6:57 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! Thank you for getting us started Karen. I was thinking about Insert Fitness this morning. Has anyone heard from her?? She used to do the weekend thread.

The weather is supposed to be nice once again today. I would really like to go up in the woods and take some family fall photos and BBQ, but we shall see what the family wants.

QOTD- I love my name Rosie. Everyone always comments that I am a Rosie. I was named after my Grandmother Rosalie.

Food plan for today, not necessarily in order

1 c. cottage cheese with everything bagel seasoning.

shredded chicken with salsa

smoked chicken sausage sauteed with cabbage

Chicken salad with onion and celery

carbmaster cinnamon roll greek yogurt

catwoman7
on 10/20/18 8:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

You're right - I haven't seen insert fitness on here in awhile. A lot of old timers seem to have disappeared- pammieannie, daisy, Karen P, Teena, etc - I miss them!

Kakesie
on 10/20/18 8:16 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Rosie is a pretty name!

Au_Contraire
on 10/20/18 1:10 pm

I have always been fond of flower names, and you can't get a sweeter one than Rosie!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?