Post op symptoms

Ley2111
on 10/22/18 12:11 pm
RNY on 10/02/18

So upon leaving the hospital I was in no pain and just taking Tylenol. Every time I took the Tylenol I could feel it hit my stomach along with this happening when I drank. I tried taking small sips of water. But the pill still gave me this discomfort. I assumed this was normal my stomach is healing. Fast forward 11 days post op I'm still having this feeling but now I developed nausea and dry heaving.

Mover the last 11 days the dry heaving and nausea have gotten so so bad I have 0 appetite and can no long force my self to eat. My mouth is extremely dry I have diarrhea with no normal bowel movements. I still have discomfort with everything I eat and drink. The dry heaving is happening all the time. I've been in contact with the doctor and a barium swallow was done and there was nothing on it to explain what's going on. I'm at a loss right now and would like to know if anyone else has had this same thing and what has been done to help ??

Emiepie
on 10/22/18 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so sorry that you are experiencing difficulties. I don't have any knowledge to share but it's good that you have reached out to you surgeon. I would continue to contact the office to let them know that it's not getting better-you have to advocate for yourself sometimes. I hope you feel better soon and with all that you have going on I would caution you to watch your hydration- it's very important.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MsKitty12345
on 10/23/18 4:05 am
RNY on 12/05/16

How terrible! I agree, keep calling your surgeon. Something isn't right. You have to be able to eat, even if it's just nutritional shakes.

MsKitty...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?