Recent Posts

Kakesie
on 10/21/18 9:43 am
RNY on 02/19/16
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Good Morning Cassie and Menu Family! Thanks for starting us off, Cassie!

QOTD: My glasses case, my bubba mug of water, my calcium pills and a tote with things like nail clippers, cuticle clippers, bookmarks, glasses cleaning cloth, kleenex and other miscellaneous stuff in it. On the shelf underneath are lots of books.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 95, Calories - 1,265, Carbs - 150.

B: omelet with cheese, banana, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

E: horseback riding

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Maddymoe2
on 10/21/18 9:33 am
RNY on 11/22/16
Topic: RE: 100# down today

Awesome job!!! Happy early birthday!

An10222
on 10/21/18 9:24 am
Topic: 100# down today
  • Well I can finally say it I?m 100# down today! H.W. 253 C.W. 153.5 vsg 3/2018 rny 7/2018 and my 51st birthday is tomorrow woohoo!
Amy Liz
on 10/21/18 8:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! We had a wonderful day yesterday at the scarecrow festival in Cambria - it was so sunny and warm - just beautiful! Lunch was so amazing - I had a Bloody Mary and oysters (half shell and Rockefeller) and I have NO regrets - My eyes are still rolling back in my head about this meal. We walked about 7 miles and my low back is pretty stiff now. This morning we are headed out to a local saloon to watch the watch football (Pats) and have breakfast. Then its back home for more football, cleaning, laundry, relaxing and week prep. I need to hire a house cleaner...seriously. It's either that or I'm getting the Dyson V10 absolute cordless vacuum - I've heard it will change my life. Our house is huge and I can't ever seem to keep up on all the dog and cat hair. The house looks great right after vacuuming but within a day or two (sometimes its only hours...) the hairballs come creeping back.

QOTD - It's pretty simple - kleenex, lotion, lip balm, chargers for cell/watch, bottle of water for me and a decoy glass of water for Bubba kitty - he seems to only like my night stand water.

Accountability - I had a ****tail w/lunch, not horrible but then ate some cheez-its and popcorn when I got home which was on the horrible side.

23 months out - forgot to weight before fully dressed - that never happens, so may have been subconscious avoidance on my part...

b/l- coffee and iced tea x 10, steak and eggs

d-BBQ chicken

v/l on track

e - not today

Have a wonderful day

Amy

SW 309 CW 154 GW 145

Krisanc19
on 10/21/18 8:07 am - Santa Maria, CA
Topic: RE: VSG to bypass revision/GERD

Hello :)

My conversion was the best decision I have ever made. I've not had any GERD, no dumping, no complications (I almost feel like I'll jinx myself for saying how great everything has gone). When I met my surgeon, I weighed 298. Her goal for me was 180 and I thought that would be impossible. I couldn't comprehend being under 200. As time progressed, my surgeon put my goal weight at 150 and I hit 150 last week. I followed the post op instructions very carefully and did a lot of walking after surgery. I slacked off on my exercising for a few months and about six months post op, I knew I needed to get back in the saddle. I made myself join a gym. I started out twice a week, then three times and now go six times a week. When I started the gym I could maybe do 20 jumping jacks, now I'm up to 500. The gym has been key.

I log everything I eat into the MyFitnessPal app. It's not been an easy journey (a lot of my struggle has been mental). My best friend passed away three years ago and to cope, I started eating at night, because I wasn't sleeping. I'm still struggling to not eat at night and when I do eat, I aim for protein based snacks. I'm working with a doctor to address my mental concerns. As an aside, I suffer from anxiety/depression and had a hysterectomy in May. So, my body had had a lot of changes this past year.

I attend the weight loss support group meetings and have regular checkups with my surgeon. I know everyone's story is completely different, but for me, it was a lifesaving surgery.

Im happy to answer any questions you might have. Feel free to email me at [email protected]ol.com (everyone else is welcome to email me as well - just give me a heads up on this board you sent an email, in case your email were to end up in my junk folder).

Writergurl08
on 10/21/18 7:39 am
RNY on 02/15/18

It was cold in the morning, but warmed up to be a crisp, sunny fall day :) the fire was still nice for roasting out lunches. The park is fun, but everything in it is expensive, somparents we're glad of the fun lunch and kids enjoyed roasting the dogs :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 150

CW: 250

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Writergurl08
on 10/21/18 7:31 am
RNY on 02/15/18

We don't get much for trick or treaters in our neighborhood, but taking them to work is always an option. I do plan on doing some holiday gift-baking, so I was hoping I could use them in some capacity for that.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 150

CW: 250

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 10/21/18 7:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning all! I did a training run today, I can't wait till the time changes and the sun is out earlier. I'm getting started later than I prefer waiting on the sun to rise. I had to run out for an appointment and had no time for breakfast. I'm currently with my son at a High school interview. They are selling carbs, ugh. I really want protein-- I may have to explore what's local while I'm waiting.

Qotd: I have a lot on/in my nightstand. (They have two Deep drawers.) On top is my wedding album, lamp, cell/watch/AirPod charging stand, my bill paying notebook, some folders/papers for the kids, probably some jewelry I never put away. Inside- not even sure- the drawers are not near filled, but it's things that I infrequently use.

212 today, 3.6 years out

m1: ???

m2: chicken sausage

m3: ??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

jenorama
on 10/21/18 7:17 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13
Topic: RE: Protein question. Revison 10/10/18

Make sure that you stick to whey protein isolate and avoid concentrate. Isolate will be the most easily absorbed, so you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Jen

Greateight
on 10/21/18 7:10 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning Cassie. Was it cold camping out yesterday? I know it was snowing a little in Chicago yesterday and some of the football games had snow on the field. A fun day for me today. At 12:00 I am going to the Bears Patriots game and then at 6:00 I am going to the Blackhawks game. In between I will hide out in my office for a bit. I will be rooting for the Patriots although in a box full of Bears fans.

QOTD: Remember in A Christmas Carol when Jacob Marley had to wander the earth with the evidence of his sins chained to his body? That's my nightstand. CPAP, Blood pressure monitor, Blood Sugar test, dental guards, reading glasses. And every time i roll over at night the hose from the CPAP knocks everything on the floor. Obesity has not worked out for me.

Breakfast: Chicken

Snack: Dannon Light and Fit

Lunch: Open but protein forward

Snack: Volpi

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great Sunday all.

Jim Age 52 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25