Recent Posts

Writergurl08
on 4/20/18 6:27 pm
RNY on 02/15/18
Topic: RE: newbie

Welcome to the group! Check in as often as possible. I'm 2 months out from RNY, and already feel a ton better, and off diabetes meds. It's nit an easy road, but I have absolutely no regrets

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 150

CW: 293

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

seattledeb
on 4/20/18 3:30 pm
RNY on 12/22/08 with
Topic: RE: To carb or not to carb...

We have a winner!

This is a sticky post response.

cc583
on 4/20/18 2:53 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Thank you!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 352

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Au_Contraire
on 4/20/18 12:48 pm

Thank you - they really are beautiful cats. And those chairs made a perfect boat!

BB78
on 4/20/18 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: Am I just having cold feet?

Thanks. I do beleive that I am just having a case of cold feet. I know it is the best thing for me but I do feel a bit of a failure.

OH has helped me so much in getting answers for questions I had not even thought to ask. I am looking forward to new and thinner chapter in my life.

Thanks again for helping me get over my cold feet and to know I am not alone in my fears.

Kakesie
on 4/20/18 12:12 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

What a gorgeous photo of beautiful kitties!

I can just see you and your brother in your homemade "boat" on the high seas!

Au_Contraire
on 4/20/18 12:03 pm

I'm so excited and pleased for you! I'll be following your posts on your experience closely, as I know I will want at least some ps at some point too.

loonlakelady60
on 4/20/18 11:45 am
Topic: newbie

Hello. My name is peggysue and I am new at this. I'm kind of a loner. I haven't got a date for surgery. I will get it on May 2nd and I cant wait. I'm looking forward to surgery. the 1st reason for the surgery is because I am a diabetic and I use insulin 5 times a day and its becoming a real pain. The doctor would like for me to join a online forum because I cant make it to meetings. So here I am! Sorry I am all over the place with all of this, I have read a lot of your comments about being scared but I cant wait for the surgery! I have everything I need down to buying new pj's for this. I like to hear back from some of you on how this surgery was for you and to let me know I have a shoulder if I need. Maybe I could call someone because I have to use the library's computer to look things up and to chat with someone. I will give my phone number.

Jester
on 4/20/18 11:29 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with
Topic: RE: To carb or not to carb...

There are many ways to achieve success, and probably even more ways to fail. Ultimately, you are going to have to go with what is right for you.

I took a path somewhat different than many bariatric patients, where I ate carbs, and a lot of them, right from early on (including sweet potatoes, although 1 serving a day at most). I avoided (and continue to avoid) all refined carbs. No white flour, white rice, no sugar (or any version of sugar - no honey, no maple syrup, no agave, etc).

During my weightloss phase, my carbs came from copious quantities of fruits and veggies along with plants higher in protein - lentils and beans primarily.

Once I went into maintenance I started slowly introducing more whole grains. I will now eat steel cut oats, brown rice, 100% whole grain pasta, and occasionally 100% whole grain bread.

At the end of the day, you have to find what works for you within an allowable calorie ranges. You will get into trouble if you decide to focus on animal proteins first, and grains second as both are very calorie dense. Fruits and veggies are not very calorie dense (for the most part). And most of all, make sure you have a medical team you trust and feel confident in so you can share your eating plan with them and they can hep you to avoid pitfalls.

Recent Topics
loonlakelady60 · 1 replies · 61 views
Just checking in
HollyBear · 1 replies · 110 views
Am I just having cold feet?
BB78 · 6 replies · 150 views