Step up to the confessional booth...I won't tell...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/7/08 11:35 pm, edited 10/8/08 12:10 pm - Baltimore, MD
I think it's cathartic to put out your "sins" if you will.  Things you've done that you don't feel great about but you did it and now it's done.  So confess it so you can let go of it because I honestly feel like holding onto stuff is bad.

I'll start us off by confessing several things:

#1 - I ate a grilled cheese sandwich yesterday when publicly I swear off bread (mind you it's the first bread I have had in I don't know when)

#2 - I forgot to take my vitamins and supplements two days in a row (and am now feeling the effects)

#3 - In the same vein...I am three days overdue for my B-12 shot (damn...going to do that after I finish typing)

Edited to add a few more I thought of throughout the course of the day:

#4 - I cook with bacon fat.  It makes my vegetables taste better.  Every once in a while I eat the bacon.

#5 - I too have not been taking my calcium regularly because it's tricky timing it

#6 - I don't wait 30 minutes after drinking before eating

#7 - I ate a piece of pizza today.  Pepperoni.  Ate everthing but the crust.

#8 - (non WLS related) my mom loaned me her car the other day and gave me $40 to use for gas.  I got in the car and found out that it had 3/4 of a tank so I pocketed the $40.  I'm not proud of that but I am poor!  I did tell her eventually and she was ok with it but still...that was a ****ty thing to do.

There...releasing it and starting afresh.  So what do YOU have to confess?
inkerdoodles
on 10/7/08 11:51 pm - Schenectady, NY

Hello my name is Lisa... and I love salt.. Espicially in the form of dill pickle pringles or just pickles in general...  Phew.. I fell like a big green pickle has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Before you all gasp in shame... I don't bring them into my house because I can eat the entire can in the course of a weekend.. and then I pay for it dearly on the scale the following week... Well, they only make it into my grocery cart when I'm weak.. very very weak I tell you.. LOL

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Lady Lithia
on 10/8/08 11:04 am
Six pringles and I go into a coma... but I love pickles themselves.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

beetlemom66
on 10/7/08 11:57 pm - monaca, PA
Hello, my name is Sandra and I purchased a snack pack of Kit Kat bars 2 weeks ago.  I spent 1/2 hour in Wal Mart fondling the different Halloween candies and decided on the 10 count snack pack.  Mind you, the serving size is three and to this date I have had 1.  Yes, I allotted for it in my food journal.  No, I haven't touched them since the day I brought them home.  They are still sitting on my home computer printer calling to me, but I just don't care right now if I have another one.  Next week may be a different story, but I still felt guilty I ate one.  Whew, I feel better that I got that off my chest.

Jupiter6
on 10/8/08 12:09 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

1) I'm out of freakin' D-3. I'm an idiot. Gotta get some today.

2) My portion sizes creep up (yogurt, etc) when I don't measure. I can't wing it.

3) Not nearly enough fluids, ever. Gotta get back on that.

4) Too damn busy to exercise this week-- which sucks for my body.

5) I ate a third peanut butter ball Monday because I didn't feel like putting the last one away alone.

6) I never throw away part of a meal or snack even if I don't like it. I eat it anyway.

7) I chew a ton of sugarless gum.

8) I've had a much easier time of losing weight than most people seem to.

9) I have every intention of eating some bad-ass crap this weekend.

10) I really am neurotic as hell. Being able to fake having my **** together is a manifestation of my illness. HAHAHAHA!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

platinum_garb
on 10/8/08 12:12 am - chicago, IL
love it!  good admissions.  :)
2girlsmommy
on 10/8/08 12:17 am - Grinnell, IA
My name is Chris and I: 

Don't take my vitamins like I am supposed to.  Started out really well but then the past few months I keep forgettting.  Maybe if I took them my memory would be half-way decent!

Don't drink water like I'm supposed to.  I like water.  I really do.  I just get side-tracked and don't drink enough of it.

I graze.  Not at home because I have time to plan my meals but at work I graze.  I only have time to grab a bite here and a bite there so that's what I do.

I am in love with the Volcano Tacos at Taco Bell.  I can eat 1.5 of them and they are so good!
fairlyoddmom
on 10/8/08 12:26 am
Hi my name is Jenn and.....

1. never get in enough fluids. ever. it's a chore, and one i need to do.

2. skip meals when i don't have enough time to eat. helps that i'm never really hungry (other than in my head)

3. hate my vitamins and really detest taking them. (which reminds me, i need to)

4. don't exercise nearly enough. 1x per week is not going to make my scale happy.

5. ate an oreo yesterday. not dumping sucks. but it was only one. and they have been removed from the house.

6. not a "sin" to me per se, but to my nut....i eat soy crisps with peanut butter. it's the only thing i can stomach for lunch.

7. my former "rat-like" obsession with cheese is gone. sob. i've eaten so much of it, i hate it now.
Carissima
on 10/8/08 12:29 am - Greenville, SC
RNY on 03/06/07 with
My name is Cynthia, and these are my sins:

1) I eat carbs.  Unfortunately, I was a neuroscience major, and I cannot deprive myself of the nutrient that causes my brain to function.  Thus, I am still fat.

2) I don't exercise like I should, though I am trying to start up again.  Work killed me last month.  9-5, then tutoring and teaching in the evenings and weekends.  All that, and we STILL couldn't pay bills.

3) I hate myself.  I can't look in the mirror without being THROUGHLY disgusted with the person looking back at me.  I don't think I will ever like myself.  I know myself too well.

4) My masseuse yelled at me yesterday because I was so tight in my neck and shoulders.  She told me if I ever come in like that again, she won't massage me.  It had only been three weeks since my last massage.

5) I had soda this weekend.  I know I shouldn't have, and I am going to do my best to stay off it.  It wasn't even that good.

6) I haven't had my depression meds in at least 2 weeks because I haven't been able to afford them.

I think that is good for today.
Rachel O.
on 10/8/08 12:33 am - MA
My name is Rachel....

1.)  I do not like organized exercise. 

2.)  If I haven't planned well, I do not eat enough.  I haven't been planning for almost 2 weeks.  One week travel and now a few days back at home...telling myself I will plan tonight.  My mind still goes to the old habit of "I will start on Monday morning" -- the same habit I had when dieting most of my life. 

3.)  I limit....but love ....carbs. 

And now, I will say 3 hail Mary's....
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?