2bthereagain’s Posts

2bthereagain
on 8/31/17 2:37 pm
2bthereagain
on 8/15/17 5:41 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery complete, back home!

It's official- I am on the other side of my surgery and have joined the losers bench! Surgery was yesterday Aug. 14th and it went great. I took all of the advice I have been reading on this for the last 7 months and incorporated it all. What sucees! Thank you to everyone who takes the time to share your expertise. There were things the nurses didn't do and I was able to take an up front role and advocate for myself because of the knowledge that has been shared on this site!

Warmest regards,

Lisa

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/8/17 11:27 am
Topic: RE: Surgery day is Monday the 14th! So Scared!

Hang in there! My surgery is the 14th also - we can be friends if you would like. There is another OH member who is also scheduled for the 14th - we can be the "814 Trifecta"!

What is working for me is to not dwell on the surgery and keep busy. For me, I have taken the mindset that I made the decision when my thoughts and emotions were free from disturbance (fear) and now I am at peace with that 'undisturbed' decision. I usually tend to overthink things but strangely enough, I have reached a point that I am able to just "Be Still" in my mind. The day I got my surgery date I had a slight moment of "oh crap" - that's when I pulled my lab results from January and looked at my Triglycerides (THROUGH THE ROOF), Bad Cholesterol (ALSO THROUGH THE ROOF), as well as my MPV, BMI, Weight, etc. - ALL THROUGH THE ROOF! It was the cold, hard truth staring back at me - not a reflection in the mirror that I wished were thinner or prettier, but my future state of imminent decline. That is when I was able to still my mind and come to 100% peace with my surgery date.

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/7/17 3:42 am
Topic: RE: Today is the day!

How exciting! Your day is here - it is your turn! I will be in your shoes next Monday and by then, you'll be on the loser's bench! Praying for a smooth recovery for you!

Blessings,

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/4/17 11:52 am
Topic: RE: Surgery date! August 14!

Yes! I can't believe it is finally here!

2bthereagain
on 8/4/17 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Surgery date! August 14!

Hello! Some of you were kind enough to offer advice to my earlier post in the general discussion board - thank you all so much for that! It was my first post and it meant a lot to receive the feedback. The miracle I needed happened and my surgery got scheduled for August 14th, giving me almost a 4 week recovery time before starting my new job. I had my pre-op yesterday and feel so blessed that the timing worked out! I can't wait to join everyone on the loser's bench!!

Lisa

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 79 views