allieballiebee’s Posts

allieballiebee
on 9/15/17 6:10 pm
Topic: RE: Pre surgery Jitters!

I'm going to miss the fizz, too! I was totally addicted to LaCroix, and cutting it out over the past several months was hard. But it will all be worth it in the end. Shopping will actually be fun, and I can't wait to comfortably ride the roller coasters with my girls this summer. :)

RNY scheduled for 10/17/17!

HW: 277 CW: 232 GW: 135

allieballiebee
on 9/15/17 1:50 pm
Topic: RE: Pre surgery Jitters!

Hi there! I'm in a similar boat -- just finished jumping through all of the insurance hoops and my surgery was scheduled this afternoon. I'll be going in for RNY on 10/17. I feel very positive about my decision to pursue the surgery, as I've yo-yoed my whole life and feel like a ticking time bomb of health issues. I also have a lot of back and joint pain, and honestly feel way older than I ought to. I'm looking at this tool as a way to get my life back and become the healthy, fit person my family needs me to be.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park. It will be tough mentally and physically, and giving up so many favorite foods/drinks forever is terribly daunting. But pretty much everyone I've talked to who is post-op says that it is so worth it and that they would do it again in a heartbeat. Anyway, I'm rooting for both of us! :)

That liquid diet, though... Oh man. My surgeon (the whole practice, really) is very strict, and I'll have to do THREE WEEKS of it prior to surgery since my BMI is over 40. If I can lose a couple more lbs before my pre-op appointment and get under 40, I'll only have to do two weeks. Fingers crossed, right?

Good luck to you!

allieballiebee
on 9/15/17 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery has been scheduled!

Hello, all -- I'm Allie, and I've been lurking around for the past couple of months while working through the (seemingly endless) list of pre-op requirements around supervised diet, psych eval, EGD, etc.

Now that my surgery has been scheduled, I feel "official" enough to come out of the woodwork. :) I'm so excited (and a little bit nervous) to start the next chapter of my life, and I'm glad that I've found this group. Giving and receiving support is so important.

So... October 17th is the day! Anyone else scheduled for around the same time?

allieballiebee
on 9/4/17 11:53 am
Topic: RE: How did you break it to friends and co-workers?

Following... I'm still pre-op, but the only coworker who knows I'm going to have surgery is my boss (and I only told her because I'll need time off). Very curious about what others have done!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics