hlacy’s Posts

hlacy
on 4/21/13 6:20 pm
Topic: RE: Back to work tomorrow... Lunch ideas?
Homemade ground chicken chilis
Were my go-to for work lunch in the month or two after I returned to work Made a batch on the weekend and it lasted all week.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

hlacy
on 12/8/12 5:45 am
Topic: RE: Gas.... Remedies???
Gas-X Strips are very helpful!

hlacy
on 11/3/12 7:38 pm
Topic: RE: OT - my back is really bad again
Happy four year surgiversary BTW

hlacy
on 9/26/12 6:37 am
Topic: RE: Getting back on track with vitamins
I was taking a 10,000 IU tab daily, and my D3 labs were high normal range. I am just taking half of it now.

hlacy
on 9/26/12 6:34 am
Topic: RE: Anyone else take probiotics?
I do - I can't stand the liquid ones. I get one that is refrigerated from my local health food store (it's their brand). I think it probably this brand repackaged for them...

http://www.vitamer.com/product_detail.asp?product_number=717 

hlacy
on 9/25/12 3:43 pm
Topic: RE: Who has had uneventful surgeries?
Scratch that - increase B12 and cut back on D3...I reversed them :)

hlacy
on 9/25/12 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: Who has had uneventful surgeries?
I have had absolutely no issues since mine thirteen months ago. I had some bumps along the way, like nausea for a couple months post op, but nothing major. My labs are good in general - at my one year, I was told to cut back on my B12 and increase my D3. But, other than that, no issues. 

I was prepared for success - and success I have had. I follow the guidelines and I am only 15lbs from my goal weight of 155 post-op at 13 months (170 currently, from 305 pre-op). I eat my protein first. I follow with veggies and fruit. Then, whole grains on occasion. I have wine on occasion. It's a forced lifestyle change more than anything else - and that was what I needed. I think I was better than I expected - because I prepared myself for the worst, IE failure...

hlacy
on 9/25/12 9:03 am
Topic: RE: MTV's True Life - "I'm Uncomfortable with My New Body"
Sure - glad to help! 

hlacy
on 9/24/12 12:55 pm
Topic: RE: Sick all weekend
I had a lot of nausea post op for several months. Zofran was prescribed by my surgeon and it did wonders for me!

hlacy
on 9/24/12 9:26 am
Topic: RE: Will our shoe size shrink?
I had a wide foot pre-op, no more. I sometimes had to wear an 11 for the width, but was generally a 9.5-10 pre-op. I still buy 9.5-10 but I am a medium width now...still flatfooted as ever with no arch, LOL

hlacy
on 9/24/12 8:56 am
I looked on mtv.ca and they have totally different episodes :( Basically, it was about two people who had bypass and their stuggles after with their body image and acceptance. It really hit home for me. Let me see if I can find any other links to it that you might be able to view it up there in Canada...

hlacy
on 9/24/12 7:36 am
Topic: RE: strech marks
Palmer's Cocoa Butter and any lotion with Alphahydroxy acids in it seems to help!

hlacy
on 9/24/12 6:03 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Wednesday....questions
Do you have a catheter?
I did not - it took about 10 minutes of trying to urinate before I could, but I was finally able to. And I filled the urine collector - over 800ccs as I recall!
Was the pain unbearable?
Nope - I was on morphine for the first night and then switched to hydrocodone the next day.
How long was your surgery?
Just over two hours.
How long after surgery did you walk?
I was in my room by 5pm and was up walking just after midnight.
Have a hard time waking up?
I am not sure how long I was in post-op before I woke up, but I was in there for over an hour while awake because I was VERY nauseaous. That is the one thing that I would say was the worst aspect for me.

hlacy
on 9/24/12 5:47 am
 Good episode I jus****ched - I can certainly relate, as I am sure many of you can as well....

http://www.mtv.com/videos/true-life-im-uncomfortable-with-my -new-body/1631929/playlist.jhtml 

hlacy
on 5/3/12 9:51 am
Topic: RE: Argh!!! It is 90 degrees in my house
On May 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
I have no air conditioning at the moment because we use window units and of course I cannot put them in by myself and my partner has not gotten around to doing it yet.

He calls me on the phone on his break from work.  I tell him how hot it is.  Then I tell him my back hurts.  He says, "Well, did you try putting the heating pad on it?"

Right.  It's 90 degrees, and he thinks I should be sitting on a heating pad?
 Kelly - I live in AZ so I'm sure you can imagine I feel your pain!

hlacy
on 4/25/12 5:47 am
Topic: RE: INTERESTING ARTICLE: ARE CARBS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN COCAINE?
I absolutely believe they are!

hlacy
on 4/25/12 5:44 am
Topic: RE: Cake recipe idea?
I make a mean SF cheesecake with Splenda and an almond crust instead of graham crackers. Using the low fat cream cheese and a just a bit of butter to bind the almonds, it's a decent protein source for a dessert :) People can top it with that they want - that's where the sugar is - and I just enjoy a piece plain!

hlacy
on 4/25/12 5:30 am
Topic: RE: Why we can?t take NSAIDS
Agreed. I think a lot of people forget this. I take Milk Thistle when I take Tylenol to help my liver.

hlacy
on 4/25/12 5:29 am
Topic: RE: Why we can?t take NSAIDS
Tramadol helped my cramps. I use it in combination with Flexeril.

hlacy
on 4/25/12 5:24 am
Topic: RE: Lettuce
My plan is very progressive - no "phases", but I was not allowed raw veggies until 2 months out. 

hlacy
on 4/24/12 4:07 am
Topic: RE: No drinking for 30 minutes before you eat
 I agree with Kelly. No drinking before does not make sense to me. I wait to drink at least 30 minutes after eating.

hlacy
on 4/24/12 4:04 am
Topic: RE: Grilled veggies
 I wad cleared for cooked veggies at two weeks, but my plan is very progressive. I was not allowed any grains until two months. I still dont eat pasta. I only eat whole grains on occasion.

hlacy
on 4/23/12 10:03 pm
Topic: RE: Counseling Advice?
 Thank you, Lora! I knew you'd have some solid advice. I believe it will be easier to go with a generalized LPC, MSW or a psychologist anyway than finding a specialized on that takes insurance :)

hlacy
on 4/23/12 10:00 pm
Topic: RE: Counseling Advice?
Thank you, as always, Kelly!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics