AmyNVegas’s Posts

AmyNVegas
on 7/6/18 5:56 pm
Topic: RE: 16 years of success is killing me slowly

I don't understand why your doctor never provided this information. I had RnY in December 2001 and there was already a ton of information and forums on the internet even then. I did my own research and knew I'd have to take very bioavailable multivitamins and that iron could be an issue. I have regular bloodwork with my regular doctor and I make sure my levels are monitored. I've had to get IV iron treatments a couple times but all other vitamins and minerals I can maintain levels by taking them daily since part of the bypass surgery bypasses the small intestine where nutrients are absorbed, we have to take extra and Flintstone vitamins won't cut it. The good news is your levels can be brought up with supplements.

AmyNVegas
on 7/6/18 5:48 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. In Christiansburg, Virginia 2002

My sister had open RnY, right after I did in Christiansburg, Virginia, January 2002, and she's trying to get her records but can't remember the surgeon's name. Can anyone help?

AmyNVegas
on 6/22/11 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: Share Your Funniest Post-Op Moment
 About a week ago I was drying off after my shower and felt a lump on my right side.  I got scared and started feeling my side to see what it was and how large it was trying to figure out what was wrong with my side. After frantically dropping the towel and inspecting my side I realized it was my hip bone!  Who knew you could feel those standing up! After 235 pounds lost I am discovering my body all over again, I haven't been this small since elementary school.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 567 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 373 views
Recent Topics