Australia

Jim K.
on 5/27/03 8:30 am - Mission Viejo, CA
My wife and I are visiting Australia in Feb and would like to talk to anyone who knows anything about the "outback." Where is it? How best to see it? We are staying in the Brisbane area but can travel to wherever.
Fribby
on 6/30/03 3:56 am - Chesapeake, VA
Jim, You will have a wonderful time. I vacationed in Australia in 1997 for a month. You are going at the same time of year that I went (their summer!). Keep in mind that Australia is HUGE and you won't be able to "see it all". Just in the Brisbane area you could spend a year and not see it all. My all time favorite thing in Brisbane was the "Wool Shed". That is where I was able to hold a Koala Bear (one of my dreams) plus see lots of other neat things. Also in that area is the Sunshine Coast (the "Australian Riviera") and things like the "Big Pineapple (a Pineapple and Macadamia plantation that has a great tour). For traveling within Australia, you have to consider the time factor as it seems to take a long time to get anywhere as they don't have nearly as many good freeways like we do in the USA. I found that the train was a great way to travel both far distances and within the cities (especially in Sidney). HAVE FUN! Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
Australia
Jim K. · 1 replies · 345 views
I just love road trips!!!
Sherri O. · 2 replies · 295 views