Topic of the Week

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/05 5:56 am - North Texas, TX
Every Monday, I will try to post a different topic/question in an attempt to add a little interest to this board. (Forgive my presumption.) This week's topic: Vellum! Do you use much vellum in your stamping? If so, what projects have you made? Can you share any hints about working with vellum? Have you ever made an envelope with it? How do you hide the glue marks (if you use glue)? Do you like the plain and clear variety, or prefer to use the colored or stamped kind? I must admit I've been rather intimidated by vellum, and haven't used much of my supply yet except to make one envelope. (I can't resist buying it cuz it's so pretty, but am almost scared of it! ) I did take a step today and bought a roll of Scotch Vellum Tape that claims to disappear on most vellums. It's expensive at $5.99 a roll, but who knows, it may just be the catalyst I need in gettin' a move on. So, what's everybody's take on vellum?
AnneRie
on 10/18/05 2:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ok. I use vellum and love it. I do not love that it shows the tapes. SOOOO, my fix for this is.... I adhere it to my project with eyelets or brads. If it can not be taken care of with eyelets or brads and I must use an adhesive, then.... I run the vellum through my xyron. I have tried every type of adhesive there is and dont like any of them. So with the xyron the entire piece has adhesive on it, so you dont see the sploch of tape. I made 450 prom invitations this way, They turned out GREAT!!! Hope that helps some! Anne-Marie
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/05 10:38 am - North Texas, TX
What a cool idea, Anne-Marie! I don't know what a xyron machine is, but it $ound$ expen$ive. So does it just turn the vellum (or whatever you put through it) into one big sticker? Kudos to you regarding the invitations...what a mountain of work! Too bad we don't have a place we can upload pictures as I'd love to see one!
AnneRie
on 10/19/05 3:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
A xyron is an awesome machine !!! I bought mine with a 50% off coupon at Michael's. There are several different sizes of xyrons. You can make stickers, laminate and do other things too. There is a xyron website that you can learn more about them. But the cheapest way to buy them is with the 50% off at Michael's or Joann's. I bought one of the smaller ones on clearance at Joann's WAY CHEAP! I really like the look of eyelets or brads holding the vellum. Another thought (I did this once but have seen it done many times) is to punch holes through tthe vellum and project and use ribbon to hold the vellum down. The Prom invitations were a lot of work but we had fun. I have made wedding invitations as well. One set of wedding invitations had to be done twice... because... just as we were finishing them (my 19yo son and I) he spilled a glass of water and ruined most of them. So we did them again.... He was so upset but they were for his wedding so i couldnt get too mad at him...LOL Anyway, that is how I have done things with vellum. I love Stampin'! If I didnt have to work - I would be Stampin' all the time!
Beth1019
on 5/25/06 6:50 am - Marlboro, MA
Wacky Tack works great on vellum - you can't see it. I use Brads & Eyelets too.
KC
on 6/18/06 2:57 pm - Houston, TX
I havent' used vellum much with stamping but I do print journaling or verses on it and attach with eyelets or brads. For scrapbooks, there are other creative ways to conceal the adhesive. You can put die cut letters or diecuts that overlap the vellum and hide your adhesive underneath. Same with photos - just so a bit of the vellum is under some opaque object to hide the vellum. Another thing I've started using is photo anchors, ribbon tied through holes and the good ole xyron!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody?
Sunshine Will Be Skinny ! · 0 replies · 314 views
Is Anyone out there - 2008!
Danielle V. · 1 replies · 541 views
It is lonely in here..
Danielle V. · 4 replies · 572 views
Is anyone out there???
Danielle V. · 0 replies · 279 views
Happy New Year Everyone!
Danielle V. · 0 replies · 370 views