Light Jogging at "Curves"

Pegtrala
on 11/29/04 11:47 am - Beaverton, OR
If anyone had told me 7 months ago that I would be doing some light jogging, I would have told them they were crazy, but that's what I'm starting to do at Curves! For those of you who have never been to Curves, you exercise on one machine for 30 seconds, then move to a platform where you stand/walk/jog for 30 seconds, then move to the next machine for another 30 seconds, then to another platform, et****il you complete the circuit. You repeat the circuit 2 more times. Before my surgery and 60 lbs heavier, I barely moved on the platform so that I could keep my heartbeat DOWN within the guidelines for my age... 55. I NOW have to do some light jogging to get my heartbeat UP to where it needs to be! It's like a miracle! I am so happy! I am also mall walking a couple of times a week with a walking partner. We want to get in shape for the "Race for the Cure" next September. I wonder just how much better shape I can be in by then. It has been years since I have been able to do the things I can now do. Sure would like to hear how you are doing. Peg 281/220/155?
Linn D.
on 12/14/04 8:51 am - Missoula, MT
Hi Peg, I didn't really start much jogging until I was about 185#. I started on a walk to jog program someone found in Prevention magazine in May, ran a 10K in under an hour this past October, and am planning on a half marathon in January. I'm hoping to be able to run the whole way and finish in about 2.5 hours. We'll see what actually happens, but there's always hope. Hang in there. It gets easier the more you do it. Linn 241/147/130?
Most Active
Recent Topics