First Hill Work Yesterday

Larakatya
on 8/11/05 11:47 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there, Did my first Hill work day yesterday. We went up the hill 3 times. I can't believe how much easier it is than I expected. I was in the front half of my running pack, and it just felt so good to be out there attacking that hill. Wishing all love and good training, ~Lara 10/2/05 - first 10 mile run
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/05 1:04 am - Las Vegas, NV
Good Job! The way my home and neighborhood are arranged, I have some significant hills no matter what course I choose. Sometimes I hate hills, especially at the end of an LSD when the last 4-5 is up hill and the temp is over 90 on it's way to 100. Uhg. Tek
Spiker1
on 8/15/05 3:57 pm - Spring Lake Park, MN
I really need to get in touch with a running group, I am floundering by myself....I really don't know what I am doing....any suggestions....
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/05 12:19 am - Las Vegas, NV
A running group may be a great idea. Check out a local running store for resources and local contacts. When I started, I bought "An Idiot's Guide to Running" and found the information very valuable. There are several beginner running books out there, and I suspect most have the same information. On-Line, I have found www.coolrunning.com very helpful and informative. There are message boards here, particularly the "Newbie Cafe" where beginners can ask basic to complex questions and get help. They have several virtual running groups that check in daily. www.runnersworld.com has some good information. www.jeffgalloway.com is Jeff Galloway's site, the author/promoter of a run/walk program that is useful to many. Good Luck! Tek
Most Active
Recent Topics