Hello Everyone

Brendon M.
on 1/6/06 9:16 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hello everyone. My name is Brendon. I didn't even know this board existed but I sure am glad I found it. I had surgery on 08/10/2004. The morning of surgery I weighed 353lbs. I am down about 180lbs. I have been running for a little over a year. I run about 20 miles per week and lift weights 2 or 3 days a week. I love running. It took awhile, but it has finally gotten past the point of just exercise. I actually enjoy doing it. The only problem I have is I think I am still stuck in weight loss mode. I probably average 1500 cal a day at most which I know is not enough for the amount of exercise I do. I get head rushes quite often when I stand up too quickly and it feels like my blood sugar drops sometimes. Its hard to make myself eat more when for the past year and a half I have been trying to eat less and lose weight. I am scared to death of putting weight back on and going back to the old me. And that is Not going to happen. When we originally had weight loss surgery the Drs. put you on a pretty regimented eating plan. Protein and vegtables first. Fruit and carbs last. I don't think they plan on weight loss surgery patients taking exercise to the level of distance running. How has everyone diets changed since you have taken up running? What kind of foods do you eat? How many calories a day do you eat and maintain weight? And how have the amounts of food you eat changed? Since I started running I feel like I am hungry all the time. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give. I hope to make this board a frequent stop. Brendon
Most Active
Recent Topics