Where is everyone?

cotonmom2
on 4/23/07 3:07 am - Wichita , KS
I just realized that the dates on most of these post are last year in 2006? I just found this message board and thought this was a good idea but it seems like no one is posting recently why is that? Bev~
lv2beasahm
on 4/24/07 7:34 am - Pennsville, NJ
Hi Bev! I'm here!!!! I check the board daily but no one ever posts. I have my WLS on May 23 so I'm getting all kinds of things for my album. Good to see another person post here! * Cyndi *
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/07 12:31 pm - Basom, NY
Welcome to the board. I don't know why people aren't posting here. Cyndi and I have just joined too!! ~~Betsy
Vickie J
on 4/25/07 5:58 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Hi Bev! I've posted to this board several times but as you can see, not many come here. I'm over 2 years post-op and don't come to OH as often as I used to so I don't check this board very often. I still haven't begun my scrapbook yet but I've got pics & some "stuff" to put in it. I've got a beautiful 12x12 album that my mother's Creative Memories consultant gifted me with my inspirational bible verse imprinted on the cover. She has followed my progress and been very supportive. I was surprised and thrilled with her gift. Now I've got to get off my fanny and get started!! I'd love to hear layout suggestions if you're willing to share! I'm not very creative but I'm a great "copier"!! It is a good thing that scrap-lifting isn't illegal or I"d be in big trouble!!! Vickie J.
lv2beasahm
on 4/25/07 10:36 pm - Pennsville, NJ
LOL Vickie. Actually I went to Two Peas and typed in WLS or weight loss surgery and found some cute layouts. I'll look in my friends list and get her butt to this board. She's working on a gorgeous album. She didn't even know OH existed. Maybe some way we can spread the word of this forum. This could be a HUGE help to scrappers during the journey. Becky had a great Yahoogroup but it felt like she and I were the only ones who ever posted. Maybe Becky can get that going again (hint, hint). I'm a good scraplifter too! * Cyndi *
Vickie J
on 4/26/07 1:31 am - Tallahassee, FL
Cyndi, I also belonged to Becky's yahoo group but I was more of a lurker than a poster. Since I haven't begun my sb I had no layouts to contribute plus I don't know how to scan 12x12 with my scanner so I wouldn't be able to post layouts even if I had some. I'll have to check out 2 Peas for layout ideas. Thanks for the tip! Vickie J.
cotonmom2
on 4/26/07 1:33 am - Wichita , KS
Vickie, I am pre-op so I haven't gotten into this seriously yet but plan to soon. I have seen a few good ideas suck as using clothing size tags as embelishments and hidden journaling. I have done several scrapbooks over the few years I have been doing it and I love working on them. If I can be of any help just let me know. I'm going to start looking for weight loss and diet stickers and embelishments. Bev
Vickie J
on 4/26/07 1:58 am - Tallahassee, FL
Bev, I thought I "prepared" for my wl sb but I didn't do a very good job? I gave away all my old clothes & didn't think to cut out some old size tags. I do have a pic of me in a pair of slacks pointing to the size 4 tag attached. I was modeling them in the OH Ft. Lauderdale fashion show last year and of course, I HAD to buy them b/c they're the only size 4's I think I've ever worn!! You're wise to begin gathering ideas & supplies before your surgery. In addition to pics at least once a month (include some nudes), be sure to take your measurements. This is for your sb but also if you hit a plateu and the wt loss slows down you'll notice the inches keep dropping and that helps keep you from getting discouraged. Good luck on your wl journey! Vickie J.
lv2beasahm
on 4/26/07 4:46 am - Pennsville, NJ
I had to laugh about you saying to take nude pics. My husband was deadpan serious when he said "are you taking nude pics too?". Now, honestly, I don't WANT to remember what I look like now without the clothes. LOL But, it'll be the last time I look like this so I'm still thinking that one through. I guess it would be good to remember back to a time when I *had* boobs cause I have a feeling they'll be long gone back to A cups by the time I'm done. I had a great Excel spreadsheet that I used to take monthly measurements. Maybe I'll dig that out again. * Cyndi *
Vickie J
on 4/26/07 1:20 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Cyndi, Of course the XXX rated pics are for you & your hubby only but you'll be amazed at the changes!! I never knew just how broad my backside was until I saw the nudes! Unfortunately I didn't have a round "JaLo" butt. I took nudes the night before my surgery and on my 1 yr anniversary and before & after each round of plastic surgery (I've had 3). And, yes - unless you're one of those very lucky busty gals that lose in the boobs but not too much, you will have to say goodbye to the "big girls". I say that I went from a 44C to a 38 LOOOOOONG!! And I'm only half joking!! Thank goodness for plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, I developed a hematoma in my right breast 3 days after my lift & augmentation which required going back into surgery to have it evacuated. Now, as a result of that complication I've developed a capsular contracture around the implant which is pushing it out of position. I'm going to have another breast surgery (prob. in July) to correct it. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will be glad to have it fixed & to have both boobs look the same. I've taken lots of plastics pics so I'm planning to include them in my wl sb. I also record my measurements in an Excel spreadsheet so I can track my inches lost. Vickie J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 806 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 545 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 412 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 394 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 841 views