new to the board

celestia96
on 6/15/07 2:00 am - DuBois, PA
Hi, I hope you guys don't mind me posting. I just tried scuba for the first time on wednesday and it was awesome one of my coworkers teaches a discover scuba class at our ymca so I went. it was really cool, but I couldn't equalize (I think that's what she called it) so she just let me swim around the bottom of the shallow side of the pool. I'm going to go again next week and try it. any hints on getting equalized? I could get one ear to pop but the other one just wouldn't. I'm hoping if I can get through this, I might sign up for her other classes
2sailaway
on 10/15/08 1:47 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
What happened to this board? It seems that no one has posted for over a year.  I hope that you got your equaliztion issues worked out. If not I have found that the pinch the nose and blow and if that does not work I do this while moving my head from side to side.  I am 50 but I love to dive.  It is my passion!  It is so peaceful underwater and I love to take underwater photos.  I dive a lot at Catalina, CA. I am hoping to have RNY surgery next month.  Everything is set except that i am waiting on insurance approval. There is nothing to compare to watching the fish swim around!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 406 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 345 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 320 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 389 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 340 views