just read about maybe making plans for wls dive trips

ownop
on 5/3/05 6:11 pm - st. joseph, MO
Hi all, just starting out on the wls path, will be having a talk with my pcp in the morning. I am also open water certified, and have so far done everything to get enriched air qualified except the dive portion of the testing. While reading the other posts, a suggestion wass made about getting a trip for wls divers together, has anyone moved in that direction? I enjoy reading what everyone has to say, so lets keep the dialog up
Amy L.
on 5/5/05 4:49 am - Nashville, TN
Congratulations on starting the path to a new journey! I am having Lap-Band surgery on May 26, 2005. And plan on snorkeling July1! I happened to come across this board and saw your posting. Although I have never scuba dived I'm interested...and a trip with other wls folks sounds like fun. My husband and kids love to snorkel, unfortunately only get to go about once a year but when we do go it is a blast. Scuba is something we have talked about doing on down the road. Do let me know if something does get planned, would be really interested! Good luck with your meeting with PCP! Have a super day!
ownop
on 5/8/05 2:51 pm - st. joseph, MO
Thanks for the reply Amy Lou, it seems you are the only one to reply, so the dive trip for wls may be beached. Hey, good luck on your Lap-Band. My visit with the pcp went well, he is fully supportive of my decision and said he will support me in the long run of it as well. For me the next step is contacting my insurance provider to get a list of surgeons in the health plan organization, I already know that they will cover if the physicians say it's needed for medical and not cosmetic. Now to the fun stuff,my family and I also enjoy snorkeling, like your's, when we get the chance. I am the only one in my family that does scuba, there are just so many differant ways to go in scuba, so all I can say is if and when you take the plunge,relax and have a whole new world of fun.
nnealon
on 5/23/05 8:43 am - San Jose, CA
Dive trip???? Whoo hoo!!!! I won't be able to go this year, but I would love to be kept in the loop. I was certified last August, and I have just completed my 30th dive. I dive in Monterey, CA and this weekend was the best! For those of you who dive in warm water, this may seem like terrible conditions, but then... what do I know! We had 45-50 feet visability. The kelp is in full spring bloom and STUNNING! It looks like spun gold when you swim through it... and the life living under it is amaizing! If you are ever here in CA, and want to see the beauty that the pacific has, call me!!!! I would love to show you! I went on my second night dive, and all I can say is WOW!!! I'm lovin it! Nancy
ownop
on 5/23/05 6:18 pm - st. joseph, MO
Hi Nancy, Lou Ann posted and said that the plans are still being made, I'm sure that when it is all planed it will then be announced, son keep visiting the board. wow thirty dives since August, be carefull or it could turn into something other than recreation. Thats great, I'm landlocked so I only have two since certification last April. Hopefully, and the plan is to add four more dives this June in Cozumel. Yours was the second time i've read that swimming in the kelp was like a golden forest, it must be amazing! If I ever make it to California, or start putting plans together to make the trip, I will e-mail you to see if your offer to show the kelp forest is still there. And night diving sounds like a kick in the head too, someday I'll add that specialty to my list also. Until next time,God Bless. earl they should make a message emoticon for divers, you know, a mask and bubbles drifting up
ownop
on 5/24/05 10:21 am - st. joseph, MO
A correction to my previous reply, the information about the wls divetrip was posted by "Amy Lou" not Lou Ann. My sincerest apology Amy Lou. earl
ileanak
on 5/24/05 10:36 pm - San Antonio, TX
I am all in for a 2006 dive (as I am recovering financially from a divorce). BUT... I haven't been diving since October 2003.... after I saw myself in a video underwater... (shutter).... I am ready now, though!!!! Keep me in the loop! I may try for a rig dive here in the gulf if I can find people sooner ~ Ileana 282/179.6/150
BelizeGal
on 7/4/05 7:34 am - Laguna Beach,CA/, Belize
I see its been a while since anyone has posted on here talking about a planned WLS dive trip. I haven't had surgery yet, I am going in on Aug. 16th and will be ready to dive by the end of Sept. (i hope) If there is some kind of dive trip planned I hope they post it on here. Suggestion from me....COME TO BELIZE I am a master diver (almost dive master) my brother inlaw is an instructor and my other brother inlaws are dive masters, all here in Belize. We have a boat and have friends with boats. Feb and March are great months (weather wise) to come down. Anyhoo...I hope to see some kind of trip planned soon. COUNT ME IN Hey Nancy.... I used to dive Monterey every weekend. That is where I got certified, did my final dive in Lake Tahoe. Kelp diving is AWESOME!!!!!! It's weird to say this but I do miss cold water diving. Its just a whole different world. Someday I'll get back there to do more dives. I'll have to look into getting a drysuit though... Take care all and happy divin'
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 407 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 345 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 320 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 389 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 340 views