I am a diver from Juneau Alaska

Leimomi M.
on 8/2/05 8:52 am - Juneau, AK
I am so glad to have found this website. I am scheduled for my RNY surgery August 15, 2005. I have been a diver for nearly seven years now. We just had gotten back from Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen on a diving trip. Both my husband and I live here in Juneau, my husband is my support what will happen to me. I know that he is very concerned and he wants only the best health care for me. My husband has witness my hardships in trying to lose the weight for several years. I know it has been frustrating for him, because right now I can't do things together like we use to do like walking; my knees starts to hurt if I go a long while hiking or walking. We use to enjoy those things together. My present weight is 269 lbs. My goal is to lose 70% of weight; goal weight is between 125-134 lbs. Before we had children, my weight was at 125-126 lbs. He has been my coach at the gym and nutritionist, I am so grateful for his support. I am excited about this surgery. I have battled this weight loss since 1999. My doctor and I have agreed that I needed this surgery, or else my health would have complications if I continued to be over weight.
ownop
on 8/3/05 7:49 am - st. joseph, MO
Hi Leimomi, Welcome to the board, it's nice to have some more folks around. And also, GOOD LUCK on the 15th, thats not to far away is it? You replied to one of my posts so I had a choice,do I reply from that poste, or to this one, choice made here, but I will respond to both places here. Were you in Cozumel before or after Huricane Emily, and if after, how did the reefs make out through it all? I've wondered about doing some diving under the ice, ask your husband what thats like if he's done it, you know the questions, whats it look like, whats there to see, that kind of thing. One day you two will have to share some diving stories with us. But for right now you've got enough getting ready to happen. Welcome again and again good luck Earl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 407 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 345 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 320 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 389 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 340 views