Where is everyone?

BelizeGal
on 4/10/06 1:53 am - Laguna Beach,CA/, Belize
Hey there, This is the first time I have been to this forum and I'm surprised to see that one one has posted in months. I guess not to many folks like to talk scuba? Hmmm.... Anyhoo... I was wondering about diving after surgery. I had lap gastric bypass am was curious if we had to wait a certain amount of time before we dove. I am almost 8 months post-op so I'm guessing I'm ok to dive. I am sending out an email to my doc as well but was curious what others had to say. Anyone coming down to Belize?? Let me know, we'll go diving. Take care Sharon
jenafwife
on 4/11/06 11:30 am - Blue Ridge, GA
Hi Sharon, I didn't even realize that I was in this group. I guess its been pretty dead here. I would think that you are ok to dive if you have been released for other activities by your surgeon. I just this past weekend got my open water. I can't wait to do some real dives. We live in North Ga so not much is close but lakes. My DH and I are going on a cruise in September and one of the ports is Belize. Do you live there? Jen L.
BelizeGal
on 4/12/06 3:07 am - Laguna Beach,CA/, Belize
Hi Jen, Congrats on your cert. Diving is so awesome. I have been certified for a few yrs now and have done a lot of different PADI courses. I almost finished my dive master but moved to Belize and kinda just blew it off. My bad, now I have have to start over if I want my dive master. Oh well. I got an email back from my doc giving me the thumbs up on diving so I'm all set. Anyhoo.... I live about 2 1/2 hrs south of Belize City where the ships go to. Its to bad they go to Belize City because its not very pretty up there but then again I'm glad the big ships don't come down our way. Have a great time on your trip. Sharon
jenafwife
on 4/13/06 4:10 am - Blue Ridge, GA
So what would you recommend? We can do a 2 tank boat dive with one of the cruise excursions. But it will take 5 hours for the trip and we would not get to see much of Belize City. Ive never been to Belize and obviously never dove there so not sure what would be better. I know most ports that cruise ships come into are geared towards tourists and getting souviners. I like to see something other than that. We will be there from 8am - 5pm and the excursion is from 8am to 1pm. Is that enough time to at least look around? My husband is working on his divemaster and then instructor. He fell in love with diving when he was in Curacao with the Air Force. We eventually want to operate or own a dive shop. Thanks, Jen
BelizeGal
on 4/13/06 4:16 am - Laguna Beach,CA/, Belize
Hey there Jen, Well, since Belize City is NOT very nice I would say go dive!!! What you'll see out there is way better than what you'll find in the city. hehe Ya, for sure go dive Belize while you're here. You might have time to go check out some of the tourist village but I wouldn't count on it. Things run a little slow down here. They call it "Belize time" If you guys ever come back to Belize on your own give me a shout and we'll go dive the southern part of the country. Its very nice down here. Have a great time!! Sharon
pattilca
on 4/14/06 4:27 am - South River, NJ
Hi Sharon, I had my RNY surgery in December 2005 and went diving in Australia last month; just under three months after surgery with approval of my surgeon. I had no problems. I loved diving in Belize. I was there in 2002 in Hopkins/Placencia. Happy Diving! Patti
BelizeGal
on 4/14/06 5:09 am - Laguna Beach,CA/, Belize
Hey Patti, Right-on! Ya, my doc said I was fine to dive. I can't wait to get back into the water again. You were in Hopkins? Wow, I live next door in Sittee River. Who did you dive with? Hamanasi or Jaguar Reef? My husband used to captain the big dive boat at Hamanasi. Thats how we met. If you ever come back this way give me a shout. Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 407 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 345 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 320 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 389 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 340 views