Recent Posts

Deedles
on 12/15/08 12:44 am - Highlands, TX
Topic: RE: Scuba Board
  Here!  Here!!!  I never even knew this forum was here until I saw it on my profile page! I still don't know how to find it.

Anyway....I've been diving about 12 years. Trained up through Divemaster then decided I liked fun diving better than work diving!

Where do you dive the most? Favorite clear water location? We love CoCo View Resort on Roatan, Honduras. I've been taking groups there for the last 10 years.

Tell me about yourself!

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

2sailaway
on 10/16/08 2:30 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
Topic: Scuba Board
There have not been any posts on this board for quite some time.  I am new, hoping to have surgery but have still remained an active diver. Is there anyone else still out there with a passion for diving?
2sailaway
on 10/15/08 1:47 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
Topic: RE: new to the board
What happened to this board? It seems that no one has posted for over a year.  I hope that you got your equaliztion issues worked out. If not I have found that the pinch the nose and blow and if that does not work I do this while moving my head from side to side.  I am 50 but I love to dive.  It is my passion!  It is so peaceful underwater and I love to take underwater photos.  I dive a lot at Catalina, CA. I am hoping to have RNY surgery next month.  Everything is set except that i am waiting on insurance approval. There is nothing to compare to watching the fish swim around!!
celestia96
on 6/15/07 2:00 am - DuBois, PA
Topic: new to the board
Hi, I hope you guys don't mind me posting. I just tried scuba for the first time on wednesday and it was awesome one of my coworkers teaches a discover scuba class at our ymca so I went. it was really cool, but I couldn't equalize (I think that's what she called it) so she just let me swim around the bottom of the shallow side of the pool. I'm going to go again next week and try it. any hints on getting equalized? I could get one ear to pop but the other one just wouldn't. I'm hoping if I can get through this, I might sign up for her other classes
zlynnc
on 6/9/07 9:16 am - BEAUFORT, NC
Topic: 4 days out of G Y Bypass
Question, how long does it take before I can learn to dive. I live on the coast of NC the best place voted for shipwreck diving on the east coast. My daughter is learning and her boyfriend is the Dive Instructor for Olympus Dive center in Morehead City so hey I got connections, but I need health connections. They said it would be a few months before I could ride horses. But diving I didn't ask about most dives start out around 30 feet here but can also be at least 80. Should I just wait a year and do shore dives. I don't think the dive shops hear can answer this question yet since this procedure has just gotten realatively popular. I know one thing I am not ready to go out on the boat with the way my guts feel!
alsoto
on 9/12/06 1:06 am - Lincoln, CA
Topic: RE: snorkeling question
Dear Kristy: The best scuba diving and snorkeling is along the Kaanapali coastline. My wife and I own a timeshare at what is known as the Embassy Suites vacation Resort. The places to snorkel that are wonderful is the following: Black Rock: Southwest of Kahana. The water is clear and the entry is really easy. The fish will come right up to you. Very easy entry. Napili Cove: This is right at the Napili Point Resort. The cove is a little bit of a rocky entry but you will love the clarity of the water as well the opportunity to snorkel with the green seas turtles. Mile marker 14: This is a wonderful pace because the reef is right off shore. Lots of fish as well. For wonderful food that is good go to Longhis in Lahaina and split the egplant parmigiana or have a small piece of fish. You will noit be disappointed. You must go to Io needle and walk the gardens by the river. It is a very beautiful location. I hope you find this to be helpful.
kristyb
on 9/11/06 11:41 pm - Santa Ana, CA
We are going to Maui. I have never been and am getting more excited as each day passes Any reccommendations on what we need to make sure we do or see?
alsoto
on 9/11/06 3:26 pm - Lincoln, CA
Topic: RE: how is it with everyone
Dear Earl- I make it a point to at least dive once a month. I just went diving in Pacific Grove, California at a place called, Coral Street. The water was calm but was really disappointed in the visibility. Last year on Labor day had sixty feet vis. This past year I have been diving in the Philippines and in Australia. It is so much easier diving the fat being off.
alsoto
on 9/11/06 3:23 pm - Lincoln, CA
Dear Kristy - Which island are you going to? My wife and I along with four of my boys went to Maui this past June and had a great time! The best way to sink is to practice what is csalled a Jack Knife dive. You bend your upper torso and kick your legs up and this usually will send you to the bottom fairly quickly.
alsoto
on 9/11/06 3:20 pm - Lincoln, CA
Topic: RE: Spruced, volume 2
Danny - I like the page! I have to spruce mine up!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scuba Board
2sailaway · 1 replies · 407 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 1 replies · 345 views
4 days out of G Y Bypass
zlynnc · 0 replies · 320 views
snorkeling question
kristyb · 3 replies · 389 views
how is it with everyone
ownop · 1 replies · 340 views