Searching for a Secret-y pal!

gentlyonward
on 7/31/13 2:23 pm - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

Hiya! I'm having RNY on Aug 17, and while my boyfriend and Mama are endlessly supportive, I've chosen not to tell anyone else about my surgery. I would love to have someone who knows what I'm going through to talk to! Located in St. John's, Newfoundland

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/13 3:48 pm, edited 8/8/13 3:50 pm - CA
RNY on 03/22/12

Hey, 

i am here for ya. My name is Brenda, had RNY on March 22, 2012. I have met my goal, lost  130 lbs.. I have much I can share with you. Ask any questions you have, I will do my best.

the first days and weeks are tough, at least they were for me. So many changes, mental, physical, emotional. So many new schedules to incorporate like when to take all those vitamins, how to get your water in, your protein requirements,...it can and will be overwhelming. I can assure you of that, but, with that said,...you will do just fine. Follow the instructions of your surgeon and your nutritionist. It will all become second nature, soon you won't even be conscience of taking your morning vitamins, your calcium citrate, getting in enough liquids. You will feel panicked that you are not getting the protein requirement, it can be done, and I have some tricks to ease you through as you are ready to hear them. 

You are about to embark on a most incredible and exciting journey. You will be amazed as you recover your health, your energy, your life. It is very much like being reborn. 

I advise you to do that which I regretfully did not,...take a picture or two of yourself every month on the same date as your surgery. And

keep a journal of your experience. I really regret I did not do those things. Use your personal blog here on Obesityhelp.com

I am very excited for you. You will be just fine, more than that,...you will soar. Good luck on surgery day!

Stay in touch and keep me updated on how you are doing. I will help you in any way I can.

Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics