Calling all singers!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/04 9:18 pm - haverhill, MA
I would love to get this board going and establish a dialogue with other singers who are dealing with their new post op bodies. I am a school music teacher and church choir director. I am also in college full-time to finally finish my music degree. Anyone want to come out and chat?
longandloud
on 1/2/05 1:47 pm - Paragould, AR
Hello I have loved music all my life, and have always loved to sing, I am an ordained Minister (Non Denominational) and My Ministry is in Evangelism and song. I sing Country Gospel, Southern Gospel and like some Contemparary. I don't have as much Musical training as you I was in the Advanced Choir at the High School I attended, and Also took Music Theory, and Music Appreciation, As far as music goes, I love it, I love Classical, Country, Pop Rock, some Metalica, and some Opera. I have been singing Country and Southern Gospel now for about Ten Years. I have had one Cassette Album produced however I learned a good lesson about recording, and the tape was not done in excellant recording quality, I did however manage to write a 50's style gospel song and have it published through BMI Called "Hear Me When I Pray." I enjoy singing and am going to continue and also hoping to record a C.D. in the near future. I love Choir singing and thank God for being aloud to be in the school choir. Good luck on finishing your degree in music
sweetaim2
on 1/6/05 12:11 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Me too--would love to get this board going as well. I've been a singer for 15 years doing regional & community theater. My voice has always been a strong Alto. I noticed recently I can't sustain notes as long as I use to. I'm hoping with the WLS it will help.
Juliaaaa
on 1/6/05 3:26 am - puyallup, WA
Hi, I saw your message on the singers board... I've been singing for 20 years.. but this past year I noticed that my cords are bad (Gastric reflux?) and my ability to sustain a note has gone to nothing... I'm hoping against hope that the surgery will fix both problems. Keep me posted .. and good luck to you!!! Julia
Alisa_U
on 10/7/05 11:53 am - TX
Hi singer here. I was a musical performance major in college...dropped out (working my way to getting the diploma as we speak). I am only 2 mos post op (almost) I havent noticed a difference although, I will be SOOO happy to get my breathing patterns back!
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/05 12:59 pm - haverhill, MA
I am glad to hear that you have returned to school. I know what you mean about the breathing patterns. It takes some adjustment, but it can be done. Congrats on your surgery. The first year or so as a post op is fun! Enjoy it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Singing After Surgery
Xavier Smith · 0 replies · 582 views
Can I sing 3 days post-op?????
moomoomama · 2 replies · 360 views
ANy one know any good wei...
Valerie W · 0 replies · 370 views
Singing while laying down????
Dawn E. · 1 replies · 2029 views