I want my voice back!!

Juliaaaa
on 1/6/05 3:38 am - puyallup, WA
6 years ago.. i was thinner.. and I smoked. and my voice was beautiful. Now I'm over 300 pounds... and have been a non smoker for 5 years... and my voice is terrible!!! I feel like my cords are fried... i'm thinking from Gastric reflux. My breathing is terrible... I cannot sustain the notes like I used to. I'm praying that my surgery on the 13th will help me get my voice back... and the range that I used to have. I'd wouldn't care how I look singing in front of people... as long as I could sing. Someone tell me please that there is hope! Julia
Jennifer M.
on 1/8/05 1:14 pm - Glencoe, CA
Wish I had an answer for you, but I've yet to even get close to my surgery But I will be praying for you to have a smooth ride and the ability to sing til your hearts content!! Jen
Juliaaaa
on 1/9/05 7:15 am - puyallup, WA
Thanks Jen.. I appreciate your good wishes for a smooth surgery. I'll keep everyone posted! And will also keep you in my prayers that your surgery will come quickly for you! Julia
6gems
on 1/29/05 10:06 am - AL
Certainly it'll come back once the surgery reverses some of the factors. You'll have good breath support for your notes and everything!!!
Juliaaaa
on 6/9/05 12:34 am - puyallup, WA
I'm so sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner! I had a rough road with my surgery and wasn't even on line for about 5 months. thank you for your kind words. things are starting to get better...Woooo Hoooo! Julia
Annette L.
on 3/5/05 9:49 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Julia, I used to smoke to and it didn't seem to affect my voice, I'm also in excess of 300#s. I can't sing for nothing anymore. I pray that my voice will return after surgery and I lose weight. I don't sing well anymore, but I still sing , just not in front of anyone. I don't know if you read this still, but if you do let me know if you get your singing voice back OK? Thank's God Bless, Annette
MuzikDiva
on 4/7/05 2:18 pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
I am a voice major right now and pre-op WLS. I have the worst breathe control ever, it drives me nuts and my teacher gets so irritated when I breathe in the wrong place. I am praying the WLS will help that. I only have 120 lbs to lose so I hope the difference on me will be as much as others voices.
Juliaaaa
on 6/9/05 12:36 am - puyallup, WA
Hi there! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had a rough time of it. Yes.. my voice is coming back thank Goodness. It means everything to me to be able to sing. I hope things are going well for you too. Keep me posted! Julia
Rossana
on 5/28/05 5:59 am - Kearny, NJ
RNY on 06/13/05 with
Hey there! My date is June 13th! I am a singer also. I don't find my voice has changed with weight, but my range has decreased. I thought it was age, but now that I read your post, it could be weight related. I think the whole idea of all this weight impeding breath control has a lot to do with it too. I am sure we will be singing like birds by summer's end when we are maybe 30 pounds lighter! Could you imagine?? I know I can't! God bless and best of luck! Rossana
Juliaaaa
on 6/9/05 12:40 am - puyallup, WA
HI, I'm sorry that it took me so long to respond. I had a rough time of it after my surgery. But even knowing what I went through.. I wouldn't have changed a thing. This surgery has literally saved my life. I'm now down 90 pounds, my voice is coming back.. and I couldn't be happier! I will be praying for you on the 13th of this month. Keep the faith and I'll see you "On the loosing side" Woooo Hoooo!!! Julia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Singing After Surgery
Xavier Smith · 0 replies · 582 views
Can I sing 3 days post-op?????
moomoomama · 2 replies · 360 views
ANy one know any good wei...
Valerie W · 0 replies · 370 views
Singing while laying down????
Dawn E. · 1 replies · 2029 views