Can I sing 3 days post-op?????

moomoomama
on 12/20/05 10:47 am - Woodstock, GA
Hi all! I am having lap-band on Dec 29th!! I am also the lead vocalist in my praise band at church and we are having a huge New Year's Eve party at church. We are supposed to play and lead worship from 11pm until 11:50 and then we will be having communion and I usually lead communion songs too. Do you think I'll be able to do it???? Kim in Georgia
SherylR
on 12/27/05 2:57 pm - Richlands, NC
Hey girl... You're going to try to do this only 3 days after surgery??? YIKES! I wish you luck! I sing also and sang in our Church choir about a week afterwards and did fine, but you'll only be 3 days out and trying to lead for 50 minutes is a long time. Take it easy, make sure to have a seat on stage in case you need it and don't worry about what anyone thinks if you do sit down... ugh! I was pretty weak for about a week afterwards, so don't be surprised if you are too... I'd ask the doc what they think, but I think I'd pass this year. Singing definately helps with recovery, but 3 days is pretty quick. Just my opinion! Good luck to you and keep us posted! Sheryl
Pegtrala
on 2/4/06 9:31 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Kim. I just came across your post, and I had to know if you were able to sing after your surgery. I also lead the worship service at my church, and I had to sit down for a few Sundays after I came back. No one seemed to mind. They were just glad I was there. I usually do a lot of posting on the Christian board here at OH. Maybe I'll see you on there sometime. It's a very active group. Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Singing After Surgery
Xavier Smith · 0 replies · 581 views
Can I sing 3 days post-op?????
moomoomama · 2 replies · 360 views
ANy one know any good wei...
Valerie W · 0 replies · 369 views
Singing while laying down????
Dawn E. · 1 replies · 2029 views