Recent Posts

Debbie R.
on 1/19/06 2:47 am - FL
Topic: RE: I DID IT!!!!!!
Hey Janice that is awesome...I also plan to jump when I reach goal. I had surgery in Sept 05 and hope to be able to jump in the fall of 06. My son who lives in Burlington Vt said he will go with me as he jumped for the first time in 04 in Maine. It is something I have always wanted to do...although I am a bit nervous about the landing . Congrtas on the weight loss. Debbie
wendyjca
on 1/8/06 1:07 pm - Escondido, CA
Hi Ed, You probably do not remember me, I sent you an email a while back about wanting to skydive when I was close to goal. Well I've reached my goal and would LOVE to do my first skydive in March or April (I'm off for Spring Break then). I also have a few co-workers who want to do the jump as well. I want to do a tandem jump (at least my first time!) I live in the Escondido area so Lake Elsinore would be perfect. What should I do to prepare for the big day and what costs are involved? Thanks for your help!! Wendy
Lisa H.
on 1/9/05 9:01 am - bakersfield, CA
Wow congrats Janice Im soooo envious. Good for you !! I'm set for my surgery on Jan 31st and as soon as I can I will be jumping. I've always wanted to and I'm sure it wont be a one time thing. Thanks for posting and letting us all know how great it was for you Take care Lisa
Ed S.
on 11/8/04 6:58 am - Victorville, Ca
Isn't something. I've got 200 skydives. It is like nothing else I had ever experienced. Congrats to you. Here's a pic of my 10 way team. I'm in all black near the top of the photo. The guy in the blue helmet is gripping my leg. http://webpages.charter.net/edandamy/Skydive/Zehn1.jpg In April we may do another skydiving event with WLS patients. Last year we had 5 girls do it at Lake Elsinore. Here's a link to their photos. http://www.wlsfriends.com/portal/modules/mx_album/album_cat.php?cat_id=5 What you put into life is what you get out. Nice step. Ed
Frankie
on 10/28/04 5:10 am - NY
Hello Janice, First off - congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing your thang. Secondly - I know the rush and feeling of skydiving. I did it when I was 18 and when I hit goal I will do it again. Congrats again and good luck. Fran
Janice S.
on 10/27/04 1:03 pm - St. Albans, VT
Topic: I DID IT!!!!!!
Hello!! To anyone thinking of doing a skydive as a weight loss reward go for it!! I did it and it was the best!! I wasn't at goal and now need to think of something else to do as I reach my official goal, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! I had to pick a reward - something to do that I would NEVER be able to do at 386 lbs! This was it - that's why I'm known as Jumping Janice in chat - take a chance and see how and why the birds fly!
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I DID IT!!!!!!
Janice S. · 5 replies · 363 views