Just diagnosed

webwilly
on 11/28/11 8:17 am
RNY on 04/03/12
I got the call today that my sleep study results showed that I definitely have sleep apnea.  I am currently in the (hopefully) last stages of the pre-op classes & checkups.  Now, they want me to go in for a followup sleep study to be fitted for a cpap.  

After the last sleep study, which it felt like I did anything but sleep, I'm wondering if it's even necessary.  I have been this big for a while, and I honestly feel like I sleep as well as anyone else who only gets ~6hrs/night (due to work/busines/charity/kids/etc).  I almost feel like going to do the sleep study is a waste of time & sleep.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?  Maybe have some personal experience that'd be helpful (good or bad).

Thank you!
dwpersel
on 12/11/11 7:06 am, edited 12/10/11 7:06 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Go for the follow up test and get fitted for a CPAP. You won't believe the difference in the quality of sleep you get once you get used to the CPAP. It does take a while, but is well worth it.

Diana
webwilly
on 12/11/11 8:44 am
RNY on 04/03/12
 That's what I decided to do.  Currently set to go in on the 26th, but hoping that it's sooner than that.
lipstick22
on 1/6/12 9:00 am
VSG on 03/20/12
 I was diagnosed today with SA...yay me!  I can hardly wait to start wearing the mask every night, but people swear it changes the way you feel.  Honestly, I feel like I have been run over by a truck every day so I hope it helps!  
lostmary
on 1/6/12 8:42 pm - VA
Im with you all.  I was just told I have severe apana and I go Tue for the Cpap test overnite.  I've been reading such horrible stories about using the machine tho.  we shall see how it goes
Mary
Most Active