While browsing through this category in the forum, I noticed a few people talking about sores from their C-PAP masks. I, too, had the very same problem at first with boils, whiteheads, rashes and sores from my mask but I actually managed to rig something up for myself. I'm not going to guarantee that this will work for everyone but it most certainly worked for me.
So here it is:
- Take a Kleenex (or 4 squares of toilet paper) and fold it down the crease.
- Fold it over again (the same direction) and then again once more.
- Finally, take it from the center and fold it over so it looks like a triangular shape.
- Take your mask and the folded Kleenex and line it carefully over-top of the sides of the mask (the part of the mask that actually touches and sits on your face).
- Try to carefully hold it in place while putting your mask on and adjust your mask as needed.
NOTE: This works better if you usually slip your mask on over your head and your straps are pre-adjusted. I hope this helps for at some of you, at least!