tonsillectomy & complications

Heavy Duty00
on 12/7/13 3:09 am

Sleep study results were sleep apnea obstructed. No loss of oxygen and I don't stop breathing thank God. My primary sent me to an ENT to explore my options. They suggested taking out my massively huge tonsils. I should have known to leave well enough alone when then Dr and PA were at odds about if it would actually approve my sleep apnea. 

Got them out a week ago. No biggie I thought everyone was a wimp for saying it's worse as an adult. *scoff scoff*  I was doing fine until 2 days ago. My throat hurt on one side something terrible. Yesterday I bled out of my scab and vomited/coughed up blood in the E.R. for 2 hours. I got transferred to the hospital where my ENT doctor was doing rounds and he took me to the operating room to investigate and stop the leak. 

Needless to say now I'm kinda surgery shy. I'm terrified of getting RNY done if clotting and bleeding are going to be one of my issues. Never had that happen before. I want it done so bad, to be "healthy" but I'm definitely scared about the risk. 

Most Active