Home Sleep test

NOVASOM
on 4/21/15 6:49 am

Has anyone done it ? What did you think?

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/15 7:37 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I've had 2 of them, and they're what most of the patients at my clinic get. They're a good cost-effective option if sleep apnea is your only sleep concern. They're not a full sleep study by any means, but if you have moderate or severe sleep apnea, it'll show it. If it does show sleep apnea, you might then have to do an overnight study in the sleep lab to determine the CPAP settings you need, but I was able to skip that too because I've done really well with an autoCPAP machine.

MaronitaMay
on 6/23/15 11:29 am

I had the home sleep apnea test!  I had to have it done twice as they for some reason did not get enough information the first time and, therefore, was unable to read it.  The second time they were able to get enough information in order to read it.  I personally feel it is a better choice to have the home study.  I've had it at their facility in the past.  One is never as comfortable as when you are in your own bed and at home you will not have anyone coming in to fiddle with anything.  Unfortunately, I am unable to manage the CPAP machine and am trying to find a way to get Provent covered by Medicaid and Medicare.  Good Luck!

soundview
on 8/18/15 7:36 pm
VSG on 09/28/15

I had a home test done.  I took the machine home and had everything set up for testing on Sunday night.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and the had plenty of data to use.  I just got the results today and I do have moderate sleep apnea.  I'm glad I was able to do it at home and on a weekend.

Greciacedano
on 10/23/17 5:33 pm

I have the CPAP auto machine too. It's super uncomfortable and that's why I did not have to do my study in the lab.

Most Active