Welcome to the Sleep Apnea Forum message board

JC
on 1/27/04 7:14 am - Mt Vernon, ME

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Teresa M.
on 2/3/04 3:11 am - Mays Landing, NJ
this is great thank you very much
Nola E.
on 2/4/04 4:00 am - Dry Prong, la
Hello. I guess since this is a new forum there haven't been too many messages. I have a problem with the apnea. I got a CPAP machine just before Christmas. I am having the devil of a time getting used to using it. I have changed from the full mask to just the nose mask, I have had them lower the pressure from 18 to 16, and I still just can't stand it more than about 2 hours a night. Actually it was after I got the CPAP that I decided to get the WLS surgery. I don't think I will ever get to the point of being able to use it all night. My husband got one the same time I did and he flakes out by 9 at night and sleeps until 7 or later. He has no problem at all adjusting to the machine.
DeeAnn
on 2/4/04 10:59 pm - CLEARLAKE, IA
I had a sleep study in January. They said I have sleep apnea, among other things. I am on a cpap, which has really helped. I am to return to the neurologist for results in another week. I did get a copy of my results. What criteria do they use to differentiate between degrees od severity? It was recommended in my report to do a pulse oximetery, to determine if I needed oxygen at night. My desaturation level got down to 66% at night. With the cpap there were still episodes of apnea, with 68% desaturations. At what point do they recommend oxygen? Thanks for any answers anyone may have. DeeAnn R.
tammie R.
on 4/11/04 5:02 am - broken arrow, OK
My name is Tammie. I am a registered sleep tech from Tulsa, Oklahoma. May I suggest a repeat study with Bilevel titration. 18 cm is awful high. The change of setting will probably do the trick. Gook luck and email me if you have any questions. [email protected].
annfromnepa
on 2/14/04 9:12 am - pittston, PA
Hi, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after a sleep study in December. I also was found to have restless leg syndrome also. The pulmonologist said my o2 sats were below 70%. and it was as if someone was strangling me in my sleep! I was given Klonopin and don't have to wear the cpap only O2 at 2L all night. I think the nasal cannula is a little less cumbersome, than the cpap.
Nola E.
on 2/24/04 7:38 pm - Dry Prong, la
I have restless leg syndrome and take klonopin also. If my legs aren't bothering me when I first go to sleep I won't take the klonopin but I can usually tell when I'm going to need it. Soaking in a really not bathtub helps the RLS also.
GrannyLaLa
on 3/4/04 6:21 pm - South,, AR
I've heard of two things that helps restless legs and one is to 'sit' against a wall. Put your back against it, feet a little wider than shoulder width and then scoot down to 'sit'. Hold that for about 5 minutes. Also seltzer water with a little juice in it helps. The seltzer has a little bit of quinine in it and it helps delay the spasms. Hope this helps!
GrannyLaLa
on 3/4/04 6:23 pm - South,, AR
I've heard of two things that helps restless legs and one is to 'sit' against a wall. Put your back against it, feet a little wider than shoulder width and then scoot down to 'sit'. Hold that for about 5 minutes. Also seltzer water with a little juice in it helps. The seltzer has a little bit of quinine in it and it helps delay the spasms. Hope this helps! !
Total me
on 2/18/04 3:34 am - virginia beach, VA
hello has any here had surgery thats has sleep apnea.?. did you have to use your cpap at anytime?
Most Active