Questions???

CuteDonna
on 4/17/04 12:38 am - Effort, PA
I just started using my CPAP Machine and I'm in love with it. I sleep so well now but I have a few questions. Can it cause nose bleeds? I only had this once so far and nothing major, just a few drops from the nose but I have not had a nose bleed since I was a child. I have a humidifier on mine. Now this might be a real strange question. Can having a lack of oxygen numb your feelings to pain, such as joint pain? Seems like I'm feeling so many more aches and pains in my joints since I started using the CPAP Machine. The first night I woke up to my shoulder joint hurting me and last night it was my right hip. Donna
Mary J.
on 4/18/04 3:08 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Hello, i am having the same problem with the pain i just got the cpap machine 3 weeks ago and im still dealing with being tired but .....my right leg from my hip to my knee goes numb and then feels like someone is stabbing me so i have to wake up and get out of bed. i think i has alot to do with your body is soooo used to tossing and turning and after the cpap u dont turn over nowhere as much so im thinking we r just getting stiff from lack of movement at nite.. but thats just my thought Mary
CuteDonna
on 4/19/04 12:23 am - Effort, PA
You might just be right Mary. I have never laid in one position for very long until I got my CPAP Machine. I hear of some people having problems adjusting but not me. I sleep like a baby ALL night long
hyfn8ed
on 5/3/04 4:31 pm - yakima, wa
Donna I have had my CPAP for over a year now. I can't sleep without it. As far as nose bleeds, I have never had one, they are usually caused by excessive dryness, bu you said you had a humidifier with yours so I am not sure what could have caused it. Just remember to keep your distilled water level up and that should help. I have had mine long enough to notice a slight smell when I put on the mask that lets me know my water level is low. As for the sensitivity, I am not sure if the CPAP "caused" it or it is just my age but I certainly have noticed my carpel tunnel and arthritis since I have been using it....maybe we would make a good test case I don't think I helped you much, but just wanted you to know that it does help and 'you will adjust'. vicki
Most Active