3rd night with CPAP

carlaruth
on 4/19/04 12:00 am - Winston-Salem, NC
I was just diagnosed last week with severe OSA. I have used the CPAP for three nights. The technician originally set it at 16 and the first night it just about blew me out of the bed! It made my nose very sore all day even though I used it with a heated humidifier. So, I set it lower at 12 the second night with much better results. Less leaking, less burning in my nose and a much more restful night of sleep. I tried it again back up at 16 the latter part of the third night (last night) and the same thing happened. It blows so hard, it blows the nasal cannula like mask right out of my nose basically. The only way I can stop the leak at that setting is to physically hold the mask to my nose! I know I'm not supposed to be fiddling with the setting, but I can't use it at 16. I know the machine records this data, and I'm worried what the doctor will say about me lowering the setting. I plan on trying it tonight at 13 and gradually increase until I find the maximim setting that is both effective and tolerable. What do you'all think?
CuteDonna
on 4/19/04 12:26 am - Effort, PA
Why not contact your Doctor and find out what you should do for the setting. I'm going for another Sleep test this coming Thursday so they can get the proper setting for me. Donna
David D.
on 6/23/04 12:40 pm - Southfield, MI
Your doctor should be setting it correctly I can't even change my setting has to be done by my doctor or the medical place I got it at. and the key is getting a restful sleep not blowing your nose off
Most Active