Moleskin helped with pressure sores

CuteDonna
on 4/25/04 11:34 pm - Effort, PA
There is hope for me and Charlie Cpap to keep sleeping together. I only had my Cpap machine a week when I noticed a pimple on the side of my nose and then another one started forming on the other side. Before I knew it my face felt very chapped and sore. I tried everything I was told. Loosen my mask, wash mask EVERY night and wash face EVERY night before going to bed but it did not get better. Someone suggested Dr. Scholl's Moleskin. I cut them in strips to fit the side of my mask, peeled off the back, stuck it to the side of my mask and I was able to sleep last night without any irritation to my face. It don't stick that hard that it will do damage to your mask as it peels off very easily. I plan on changing mine like once a week. I was heart broken when I had to sleep without Charlie the night before as I tossed and turned. Charlie is the name I gave my Cpap machine. I know call me Donna
Patty_D.
on 5/1/04 5:10 pm - Kershaw, SC
Thank you Donna! You may have just saved my life!! I was first diagnosed with Sleep apnea in 1997 and after a week sleeping with my C-pap, I refused to use it again! My face was raw and bleeding! I had an allergic reaction to the latex that was in the mask. My new Dr was having fits 2 weeks ago and said he would refuse to treat me as a patient if I continued to refuse to wear my mask. He orderd me a new mask, I didn't know that most ALL of the mask today are latex free!!! I wore it for all of 3 days and the redness and sore places began to show up again!! I have not worn it for the past 2 days! But NOW I will try the moleskin!! First thing tomorrow I am going to the store and tomorrow night I will be a "spaceman" (something one of the kids called me back in '97 when I first wore it) again!! I will once again be connected to my lifeline!! Thank you so very, very much!! Patty
Traci H.
on 6/12/04 2:46 am - New Orleans, LA
Great idea. I was getting a sore on my forehead where the squishy piece of gel would rest. It was so embarrassing to go around with this big red sore in the middle of my forehead. My husband told me to go out and buy a sweat band and it has worked great. I put it on and then adjust it so the forehead piece of the mask rests on it and not directly on my skin. Traci
gendotte
on 7/6/04 11:08 am - Shawnee Mission, KS
I have used a cpap for the last 2 1/2 years, but after 4 months I changed to Nasal Pillows. They fit in your nose (you look like a Klingon) but they are very light weight. You don't have that accursed mask on (I had the red spot on my forehead too). I will never go back to a mask, and I have really had no trouble at all with the pillows. Very comfortable. Mike
Most Active