HOW TO READ SLEEP STUDY RESULTS????

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/04 4:07 am - NJ
HOW TO READ THE NURSE WAS VERY VAGUE IN EXPLAINING THIS TO ME SO I HAD THEM FAX OVER THE INFO TO ME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Mattie
on 7/16/04 9:49 am - West Allis, WI
My technician explained line by line the results. I would suggest calling back and asking a nurse or medical assistant to explain what it means - they may not be able to do it that minute, but they should do it. If not, ask your doctor.
Dakotaoh
on 7/17/04 1:56 pm - Ft. Mitchell, KY
My doctor went line by line with my results with me. I guess he realized that when he said the results showed that I had stopped breathing an average of 53 times an hour and I jumped that he needed to go over the results with me again until I fully understood them! Go back and see your doctor and ask him to explain all of them to you. I'm impressed that the doctor I had cared enough to want me to undertand the importance of sleeping with my machine nightly! I'm lucky that I haven't had any problems using the gel mask and usually sleep 4-6 hours before waking. My hours of sleep are getting longer and I feel so much better. Good luck!
Kandi J.
on 7/18/04 10:47 am - Portland, OR
I noticed you said you use a gel mask. What is that? I never heard of that. Thanks.
Dakotaoh
on 7/18/04 3:57 pm - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Its a soft plastic mask that covers your nose area and is surrounded by a soft gel that prevents your nose from getting sore. Its very soft and you hardly notice(at least I don't) that you gave it on. Ask your doctor about different mask types. Mine must have had 50 for me to choose from. They have all types and want you to be comfortable with the one you choose, otherwise they know that in all likelihood you won't wear it. Good luck!
Most Active