Does anyone use the new "cap type" head gear?

Gina D.
on 8/14/04 7:52 am - Vaughan
Hi guys, I'm really trying to be good with my cpap because I'm hoping to have surgery soon but even though I keep it on for three or four hours I'm having trouble adjusting it so there are absolutely no leaks from the mask. I have tried the regular nasal as well as the air pillows and still no matter what adjustments I make some air is still escaping from one side or another. Any tips from a vet? Gina D
mrsdee24
on 8/15/04 6:37 am - Clearwater, FL
Hi Gina, I have tried several types of head gear and masks since I started using the CPap last November/December. To this day, I still have to do some adjusting every so often. I find that the head gear seems to loosen (or stretch out a bit?) after prolonged use and I have to tighten it. I used to take the whole contraption off in my sleep, but I seem to have outgrown that now (thank goodness) and sleep through the night, quite comfortably. I've gotten used to moving the tubing around in my sleep if I roll over or move around. Once I've had the head gear adjusted properly in a comfortable position, I try to stay in the position as long as possible. Whoever fitted you with the equipment should be able to work with you to get it adjusted just right. Good luck! Renee Dee
Most Active