3yr old and CPAP

Dargar63
on 9/12/04 8:48 am - Gainesville, GA
My grandson, who is 3 yr old spent the night last night and as my CPAP is new he has never seen it on me. He usually sleeps with us when he stays here. Well, last night, after I thought he had fallen asleep, I put the mask on and remained on my side. After I was asleep he was shaking my shoulder trying to wake me up, saying Nana, Nana wake up. I turned over to tell him to go back to sleep. Forgetting about the mask. And he started crying, cause it is dark and here is this thing turning over in the bed in place of Nana. Then I think I'm going to comfort him so he won't be scared. So I open my mouth to say it's OK. You all know what that sounds like with the air going on. OMG it really scared him then. I took the thing off and talked to him normaly. He went to the living room where Papa was warching TV and told him he would go to bed when he came with him.
justaboutkrazy
on 9/12/04 3:25 pm - Pensacola, FL
LOL....I can relate to that. My daugter is three and when I so much as turn on my machine she freaks!!!! I cant use it until she falls asleep and if she wakes up before me I'll be woken up to her crying "Turn it off, turn it off"!!! I guess it does look scary. I tried to explain it was to help mommy breathe but shes not havin it.
kitty1000
on 9/15/04 4:30 am - BOONVILLE, IN
When I first got my first machine 6 years ago I got it the day before my wedding and wore it on my honeymoon, my hubby thought he was married to a martian
Most Active