CPAP Help - When to adjust pressure?!?!?

Mattie
on 9/20/04 11:19 am - West Allis, WI
I started using a CPAP about a month before surgery without many problems. Lately it seems that I have problems every night. I either end up taking it off or waking up with a bit of a headache. How do I know when/if I need to get the pressure setting adjusted? Any input from people with a similar situation would be appreciated. I see my doctor next week and will ask him, but really appreciate the info I know I'll get from the board. Margaret Lap RNY 7/2/04
red
on 9/20/04 10:37 pm - shepherdsville, KY
Hi Margaret,Just a thought I had...If you live alone,you could set a cam corder up to watch you as ya sleep for a few hours.Hope this helps???
Cathy M.
on 9/21/04 9:16 am - Fieldbrook, CA
Hi Margaret, I don't know which type of CPAP machine you have, but mine is automatically adjusted. My respiratory therapist set it to between 8 and 20, and it automatically adjusts to what I need. He did this when I told him I was going to have WLS so that he could monitor my need for the CPAP. There is a computer card in mine that he can remove and download the info onto his computer to let him know what pressure I have been using and how often. Maybe it's time for you to switch to this type of machine? Hope this helps. ~Cathy
Irene M.
on 10/10/04 2:14 pm - Plano, TX
It depends on how much weight you lost. Most people need to have their machines adjusted at least six to nine months after the surgery.
Most Active