what do you think

Bonzo63366
on 9/27/04 11:25 am - Ofallon, MO
Tell me if you think I need to be tested. I say yes. My husband says no. At night I snore and wake myself up. It is more of a snork really. I am awake every 30-45 minutes. I have headaches while I am sleeping. I can feel it. Then when I get up it really hurts and my eyes hurt also. I have woke up gasping and have had to lay over the bed to cough and get my breath. I also have severe reflux and if I lay on my back it goes into my lungs and I start choking. I even have that problem when sitting and walking. I am always tired 24/7. All I need to do is sit and close my eyes and I am out and snoring. I have such a sore throat. Two nights ago was the real worry for me. I woke up for some reason and when I did my lips felt numb. I went back to sleep and later I woke up by my alarm to let my dogs out. At that time my lips felt numb again and when I looked in the mirror they were kinda blue looking. Not alot but just a little bit. I bet I win the argument hands down.
thammmer
on 9/27/04 1:51 pm - La Crosse, WI
I would speak with your PCP right away to see what he/she thinks. Both about the sleeping problems and also the reflux problems... that isn't anything to fool with either. I had reflux to the point you did. I would wake up choking on a mouth full of bile....... not very pleasant at all to say the least!
Bonzo63366
on 10/1/04 11:12 am - Ofallon, MO
Hello Tim. I have been with my PCP about the reflux. I have totally exausted all medicines avilable and taking double dosage on them. They told me I needed the gastric bypass to end it all. It is eroding my esophagus and stomach. I am fighting with BCBS because they are denying surgery because of a exclusion. They told me that even though it is medically needed they can't help because of the policy. I have Gary from Obesitylaw helping me now. I hope he can help because I am getting worse by the week. How did they help you relieve the problem? Take care and thanks for replying.
thammmer
on 10/1/04 3:44 pm - La Crosse, WI
Back in December of 1999, I had a Nissen Fundoplication done. This tightened up the lower esophsgael sphincter valve that goes into the stomach. This stopped the reflux for me...
CuteDonna
on 10/6/04 10:58 pm - Effort, PA
If you have sleep apnea then the CPAP machine will help your reflux also. I used to wake up with burning in my throat and it felt like someone put a hot poker to my throat but it was the acid coming back up into my throat and mouth area. I still have some problems if I eat spicy foods in the day time but NO more problems at night while sleeping. Since I got Charlie Cpap (yes I named my machine, lol) I don't have any problems with my reflux at night and I sleep through the whole night without getting up ten times. I also have Gary on my side. Donna
Ginger S.
on 10/2/04 6:45 am - San Mateo, CA
Sure sounds like you need to talk to your PCP asap. I had reflux and apnea and now, 5 weeks after WLS, have neither. My reflux actually went away when I first started losing weight before surgery. It used to hurt my throat so much that tears would roll down my face with the pain. I am a speech pathologist and treat voice patients too. As far as the apnea - it seems to have gone too. I'm not falling asleep constantly all day but my nights seem the same, i.e. wake up but easily go back to sleep. I go to sleep earlier now that I am not napping all the time.
Most Active