Venting

E D.
on 9/30/04 5:32 am
OK, Not good results. I called the sleep center and they said I don't meet the criteria for my Insurance to pay for my CPAP. First of all... I did not sleep at the first test and I was "Hopped" up on Caffeine. I ask to retake the test and they said no. They said I had to see an ENT.. I went and he said I could use a CPAP to sleep better (because of my Upper Repertory Resistance). I take a CPAP sleep test and now they say my Ins wont pay for it. I'm so mad. I actually have two machines that my Uncle gave me. I just want to have them set up for me. I am now wondering what's wrong with me. I have the worst headache today from sleeping bad. And the last two days I have had problems with my breathing. I am contemplating going back an ENT, don't know if I want to go to the same one I went to before. I'm just venting here and deciding what my next step is. I'm already approved for my surgery, so I don't have to had SA. I just really have sleeping and breathing problems that are making me miserable. I am always tire, take naps daily, wake up with headaches... Just don't know what to do.
Cathy M.
on 10/1/04 6:00 am - Fieldbrook, CA
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. First off, I'd try your insurance company and see whether or not they would pay for a second sleep test because of the lousy results of the first one. Then I'd see if my PCP would refer me for the sleep test. If all else fails, try going to a medical supply place and purchase a foam wedge that elevates you when you sleep. It's not a total cure, of course, but it does help with breathing problems when you're asleep. My mother used a wedge for her breathing problems and it helped a lot. Good luck! ~Cathy
E D.
on 10/2/04 6:03 am
Thanks for your response. I think I might try the wedge. My friend bought one for $100. and only used it sleeping once. She did not like it. I'll see if she will let me use hers. Liz
Beth H
on 10/2/04 8:58 am - NY
Liz, I've got three wedges now, and the most expensive one was an inflatable that I used on a trip to China. I think it was about $30. The regular foam wedges were each about $25 in medical supply places. They each came with one cover. The second foam wedge was also bought on a trip because I was sick with a cold and desperate for sleep, and I figured I'd throw it out if I had no room to take it home (we were driving). Luckily it made it home, and there've been nights when I use a wedge under my head and one under my legs! Good luck finding one cheaper than your friend did - it shouldn't be that hard! Beth
Most Active