Sleep study #2 - what to expect?

Joyful R.
on 11/30/04 3:31 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Hello. I had the sleep study last week. Got the results today, I tested positive. I look forward to getting the results in the mail so I can understand just how severe this is. Sleep study no.2 is on the 8th. Is it the same procedure? Get hooked up, get in bed go to sleep only this time you have a cpap hooked up to you?
Shelly LaChance
on 12/1/04 8:54 am - Chester, IL
I just went for my 2nd one last night same thing hooked up with that great jell.... LOL..remember to breath in and out of your nose oh lord I was feeling that it took my breath away..but I made it... It was the best sleep I got in a long time... I really can't wait till I get my cpap it ended up being set at 13 good luck to you....Shelly
Mary Jo
on 12/3/04 8:23 am - Oakdale, MN
I live in one of only about 3 or 4 states that have the one night sleep study - 1/2 the night testing, 1/2 the night using the cpap. However, in "unusual" cases, they will allow a second night - I fall into that category, because I never got much sleep on the first evening! In the couple of hours I slept, they determined that I do have apnea, but can't really tell how bad it is. So....I need the second night....this time with a sleeping pill to get beyond the anxiety. (They prescribed a CPAP machine and I have been TRYING to get used to it, but hate it, hate it!!) A couple of weeks ago, I attended a free seminar at a hospital on apnea, and discovered that they now have a "new" mask out - the "nasal pillow" system, which doesn't cover as much of your face and isn't as claustrophobia inducing. I now have that to try....imagine I'll have to bring it with me to my second night study. Good luck on yours!
Most Active