Success on 3rd night of CPAP study!

karen C.
on 12/14/04 10:53 pm - Kennewick, WA
Maybe my experience will help someone. The third night was the charm for me. However, it wasn't all that charming. I arrived at 9pm, took a Xanax to help with the extreme anxiety I had the previous study. That night I finally gave up at 2am and went home having not slept a minute! Last night I was still wide awake at 2am. The attendant kept coming in, soothing me, reminding me to relax, breathe in, breathe out, go with the machine. Easier said than done, but I appreciate her help. Finally about 2am I took a Sonata and turned on the tv. The tv seemed to give me something else to focus on, or else I was finally at the point where I couldn't "not" sleep! From 2am to 6pm I finally went "under." I woke about 6 with a leg cramp and she said she had enough data. They like more but she says that with people like me they are happy with the 4 hours. Wish I had thought to take my cd player and instrumental cds. That's how I get to sleep at home. Thank God that's over!! Can't help but believe that the machine at home with out all of the wires will be easier to get used to. I must admit that the 4 hours I finally got left me feeling pretty rested. Best wishes to anyone else going through this. Karen
Shelly LaChance
on 12/15/04 12:53 am - Chester, IL
You know I was the same way as you could not go to sleep up at all hours of the night I wonder if sleep apena has some thing to do with that because I have had my cpap for about a week now and I'm ready for bed at 10:30 now it's great I feel so good....Shelly
Most Active