When do you feel better?

slickgt
on 1/10/05 12:43 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Ok, I've had my CPAP for a week now. I wear it every night, all night. My partner says I'm not snoring at all, so it must be working. However, I'm still just as tired as I've always been. I'm tired in the morning when I get up. I don't feel rested and I'm tired throughout the day. How long does it take before you start feeling more rested? Ed
randy B.
on 1/10/05 3:54 pm
just keep using it- u will feel better. it took me a few weeks. Every morning i woke up and quizzed myseld- do I feel less tired? less alert etc.- just use it and u will be better
Shelly LaChance
on 1/11/05 12:11 pm - Chester, IL
Ed glad you got your cpap you will be sleeping like a baby soon ... Yours is set very high so it may take a bit longer ... my head hurt so bad before when I didn't have mine but now I get up and it don't hurt can't wait till you feel better...good luck ... shelly
BadMoose
on 1/14/05 11:41 am - Tomah, WI
Ed, Did they make you think you were going to be a changed man overnight? I know they did me. They told me stuff like "you won't believe how much better you're going to feel" and "you're going to have so much more energy". Well, OK. I am sleeping better, not waking up with a splitting headache, actually is a bit harder to wake up in the morning, and I'm not head bobbing at meetings anymore. I got mine on 12/23. Have to say it is making me feel better, just not like superman like they made me believe. All in all now, I wouldn't sleep without it.
steve v
on 1/18/05 5:30 am - West Orange, NJ
Ed, I could never get to feel better so iI dont use the machine anymore . iI always got sinus infections when I used it. Probably not the best for me but I suffer less without it. Steve
slickgt
on 1/30/05 4:29 am - Bolingbrook, IL
4 weeks now. Wear it religiously every night. Still don't notice a difference. I'm still tired. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow.
Shelly LaChance
on 1/30/05 11:08 am - Chester, IL
Oh my gosh thats not good yours is set high to right...oh my I bet you will have to be retested,,,good luck..
slickgt
on 1/30/05 12:57 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Shelly, It's not set as high as I originally thought. It is set at 11. From what I was told by the doc, I would feel so much better - just isn't happening. Perhaps I don't get enough sleep. I average about 6 1/2 hours a night. How ya doing? Ed
Shelly LaChance
on 1/31/05 12:02 pm - Chester, IL
Oh my I bet it's not set right sounds like it needs to be moved up some im at 13 and I could see the diff in the first week..You should be feeling lots better by now .. I'm like you I don't sleep a full 8 hours..good luck ...Shelly
Donna M.
on 2/12/05 2:05 am - Whitesboro, TX
I have had mine for an year and a half, just had a humidifier added last week. I know that the machine improves my breathing while I sleep, but I don't wake up feeling any better, I don't have more energy during the day and I still fall asleep during the day at the worst possible moments.
Most Active