Did I "break" my machine?

karen C.
on 1/11/05 9:40 pm - Kennewick, WA
I've had my CFLex Rem Star Pro since Dec. 23. I'm doing pretty well averaging 6-7 hours a night. About a week ago I somehow managed to knock the machine off the bedside stand and onto the floor. Before I did that I could clearly hear it "ramping" when I would exhale. Now I don't hear that and it seems to be a bit harder to exhale. My setting is 13. Could I have messed up an adjustment? I know, call the clinic. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I am getting a lot more rest than I was and I have been pleasantly surprised at how quiet the machine is. Karen
Gregory T.
on 1/17/05 4:15 am - Harper Woods, MI
Karen. I knocked mine off the stand once also and I took it in not because I heard any changes or anything...but the place is just down the street from my home and I thought it a good idea to bring it in to be checked. The tech said he was glad I did even though he found everything in order. Told me the calibrations can get knocked out of wack with a jolt. So I suggest you call and make appt. to get it in and get it back right away. Mine was set at the begining to 15 but after 55 pound weight loss I was retested and it was re-set at 6... I go for re-test again next month. Dr told me after last one if I lost another 20 pounds I may be able to sleep without the c-pap. I have gotten rid of another 20 and will have more by re test date. I have gotten used to it and it does not disturb my sleep but it would be nice to to be Hooked Up when sleeping.
Most Active