Recent Posts

DeeLynette S
on 4/20/06 8:00 am - Crest Hill, IL
Topic: RE: Hello all and a Howdy Do!!!
I have a nine year old son who has spina bifida and hydrocephlus. You are truly my hero.
wcf777
on 4/20/06 8:00 am - summerville, SC
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
I was just reading your post on 4/29. I also have trouble when to punish and when not to punish. I adopted 3 children in 1997 with special needs. They are 13, 12, and 11 now. The 13 year old has FAS, ADHD, Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, Mildly mentally retarted, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Bipolar, and Intermediate Explosive Disorder. His biological sister (12) was just diagnosed with Central Auditory Processing Difficulties. Their biological brother (11) has severe ADHD, bipolar, FAE, learning disabilities, Opposition Defiant Disorder, Post Tramatic Stress, and bipolar. Then I have my biological 4 year old. She is fine. She is advanced for her age. Again, You are not the only parent out there that has difficulty knowing when to punish and when not to. Wendy fowler
JaniceR
on 4/20/06 8:00 am - Tulsa, OK
My son 15 has Asperger Syndrom (it's on the Autism spectrum very high functioning) mild Tourettes and OCD. It is quite a challenge now that he is a teen to decide what is typical teen "crap" and what is his disability. I don't want to punish for disability but I don't want him to get away with the "crap" and think it is ok so I address everything and go from there. Janice
DeeDee O.
on 4/20/06 8:00 am - Chico, CA
I have children with special needs. My son Trevor (21) has spina bidida & hydroceplus. We later went on to adopt special needs children. Our daughter Chelsea (11) also has spina bifida & hydrocephlus. Our daughter Brittany (15) has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome & ADHD. Her birth brother Eric (11) has FAE, ADHD, and seizure disorder. Tyler (13) has global delays.
headyideas
on 4/20/06 8:00 am - Camby, IN
I am pre-op Lap RNY and have a son age 12 who has Oppositional Defiant Disorder...he is definately a challenge. Some days I can't stand the awful things he says and his total disrespect. He is a very smart child, who does extremely well in school...he only acts out at home. His psych Doc that he went to for several years says that he is as good as it is going to get, and we are doing everything right. NEGOTIATE, IGNORE and PUNISH FOR SAFETY. I must say I am exhausted from the years of dealing with this. I also have 16 year old twins. I just wanted to vent and share, I truly hope this message board on special needs works out, I am sure there are alot of people needing this resource. Anita
JC
on 1/27/04 7:13 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the Special Needs Forum message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics