I'm new

TTCromar
on 3/22/05 11:30 pm - UT
Hey everyone... i'm new to the Stained Glass forum...but it appears it's new as well. I'm also new to Stained Glass...i took a class on etching and the beginnings of Stained Glass but am now trying to do a big peace for my house. I'm trying to find another class that can teach me more so this peace will look nice. My house was built in 1926 and i need a few peaces for it. One is for a mural over the fireplace. i want to "piggy back" it onto the glass that is currently there. This is the one i'm working on now. i am also planning on 1 for the bathroom window. it's small and i want something simple there. The last one would go in the mahagony door that swings between the dining room and the kitchen. i hope everyone is doing well and that this board will become busy and full of fun. Ciao for now!!! t~
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 4/5/05 1:51 pm - Dexter, ME
Hello Tami, Its been a while sense I've been to this board. Thats why this is such a late responce. I love stained glass. I can't afored the real thing so I use gallery glass paints. How do you make yours? I have a friend that has an old mobile home. He let my husband take out all the glass for me. Now I have several very large peaces done. Don't you just love older houses? We just bought one that was built in 1870. We will be moving in this weekend. I'm trying to decide where I want to put each peace. I don't think I can really make up my mind until I can see how they look. If you send me a reply and I don't get right back to you its because we don't have a phone or the net yet. I hope to before the month is out. Barbara
vicki in indy
on 4/17/05 11:19 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Barbara, Hi I just was looking around in the different forums and saw this one on Stained Glass. I am brand new to "faux" stained glass, Gallery Glass is what I am learning. I would love to see some of your work when you get settled in your new house. Also any hints on the gallery glass tech. would be very welcome. Hope all is well with you with your move and your weight loss ect. Hugs Vicki in Indy
Brokenwing
Fallingwater

on 4/19/05 7:34 am - Dexter, ME
I still don't have the net at my house ,but I got a chance at a few minutes on my daughters. I will take some pictures of some of my work and email them as soon as I can. I love Gallery Glass and have done quite a few peaces. A lot of then have been confiscated by family and friends. I can't wait to be back on line so I can keep in contact with my OBH friends. My weight loss is going well I'm down 69# in six months. 78# sence my first visit with my surgen. I hope yours is going well also. Talk to you all again soon. Barbara
debbie3855
on 5/11/05 10:05 am - Havehill, MA
Hey all.......I am new here...in fact I didn't even know there was a stained glass forum. I have been doing stained glass off and on for a while now. I have so many things I want to do. I am working on an Indian in a full headdress right now....lots of pieces.......
infoquest
on 5/31/05 11:48 pm - North Oakland County, MI
I have done stain glass for years. I have not done a piece in a couple of years though. I will start a piece in a week or so. I love the show on TV with Vicki Paine. She shows you many projects. Just google her name in and you will find the time and channel. I do know one thing, you need lots of patience for doing Stain Glass pieces, also take pride in your work and if it is not right re-do it you will be happy that you did. Take care, Janice
Jolly
on 8/1/05 4:22 am - Bristol, VA
I know that you didn't ask for advice, however I feel compelled to offer some. If you are just starting out, only a beginners class, I would do a few smaller panels first before I tackled a job as large and as complex as yours sound. I have been donig glass work for about 15years and I feel that you will just be so overwhelmed with such a hugh undertaking, that you might quit in the middle of it. Just my thoughts
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm new
TTCromar · 6 replies · 420 views
So Sad
Marina D. · 2 replies · 327 views